Chapter 88: Sixth-Rank General

"By the way, I got promoted and am now a sixth-rank general." Gu Shangqing said, "Because of my merits, I was also awarded a house, but it's not in the town, but in Chong'an."

  Anping Town is the town under Chong'an.

  "I didn't expect you to settle down in town so quickly and open a restaurant." Gu Shangqing said, "It depends on whether you are willing to go to Chong'an. If not, we can continue to live here."

  Gu's snack shop was doing very well, and for a while, the Gu family members were really reluctant to give it up.

  Li Mumu thought for a moment and said, "The house in Chong'an is quite big?"

  "I haven't seen it yet." Gu Shangqing said, "But it should be quite big."

  "Is it far from your military camp?" Li Mumu asked.

  "It's actually closer." Gu Shangqing replied, "But you don't need to worry about me. I'm in the military camp, and I can't come back every day. Even if I live here, I can come back every few days, which is not a problem."

  Li Mumu thought for a moment and said, "A big house is better. Not only do we not have to pay rent, but we can also let Master Guan live there and leave a room for the children to study. Bai Yuan and Bai Jin are grown up, and it's time for them to have their own house. If the house has enough rooms, we can give Bai Yuan and Bai Jin one room each."

  "As for the restaurant in town, I'll see if I can let Boss Zhao take over. I wonder if he would like it." Li Mumu said.

  "Are you going to sell it to Boss Zhao?" asked Gu's mother.

  Li Mumu shook her head and said, "We'll just let Boss Zhao take over the management. The food will remain the same as before. Let's discuss with Boss Zhao how much of the profit we can get."

  "I want to open more and more restaurants, rather than just move to a new location, close the original store and open a new one." Li Mumu said, "Anyway, I will have to open more stores. Even if I don't move now, I will have to move in the future."

  "We originally planned to move later because we have just settled here and don't have enough money to rent a house and open a new store in a more prosperous place. That would definitely cost more. I want to take it slow and steady."

  "But it's different now. The house is ready so our store opening costs don't need to be too high at the beginning. Just like before, we'll take it slow. But even if the store is small, one more store means one more income, which is still different." Li Mumu said.

  "I still have a salary." Gu Shangqing said quickly, "I'll give it all to you."

  What I said...

  Except for Li Mumu, everyone else couldn't help laughing.

  Why does Gu Shangqing look so silly at this moment?

  He doesn't look like an educated general at all.

  Li Mumu: "..."

  Li Mumu didn't reply. She had her own plans. If it came to pass, it would be inappropriate to ask for Gu Shangqing's salary.

  "This is my idea, but it still depends on the opinions of my parents, my eldest brother and his wife, and my second brother and his wife." Li Mumu said, "I said this just to express that if our family wants to move, I have no objection. There will definitely be some reluctance, but there will be many more such situations in the future."

  Li Mumu thought that Mr. and Mrs. Gu must want to move.

  After all, that was the house their son earned for them.