Chapter 8: Don't Think of Opening a School Again

"Bah! You are so shameless!" Li Mumu was so strong that Wang Cuizhen had no chance to say anything. Now she couldn't help it anymore. "You accused my son of not studying hard and broke his hand just to force him to drop out of school. Then you made room for a rich kid and didn't have to pay back my tuition. It's a good thing you don't have the ability to pass the exam and become an official!"

  "You won't quit?" Li Mumu sneered, "Okay, if you don't quit, I will publicize your good deeds here every day! I wonder if there are still families who would be willing to send their children here. I wonder if you can still teach here quietly!"

  "My child won't study with you anymore." A woman walked out of the crowd, "You've also returned my tuition!"

  "My family won't read with you either!"

  "My family too!"

  So many people surrounded the scholar, and Li Mumu threatened that she would come every day.

  Seeing this, the others also said, "We are very close to you. Not only does she come here every day, we also come here every day! Will you give up the gift or not?"

  "I will regard all the benefits I have given you as nothing." The cloth shop owner said, "But you must return the tuition!"

  I'm afraid that the cloth had already been cut by the scholar, so it would be useless for him to get it back.

  The owner of the jade shop reached out and pulled the jade pendant off the scholar's waist. "The cloth can't be returned after it's been cut, but I can't let you get away with the jade I gave you! Return the tuition to us!"

  So many people threatened together and surrounded the scholar.

  "Believe it or not, if you don't retreat, I can arrange for my servants to come find you!" someone threatened in the chaos.

  This means to break the scholar's legs directly.

  "Back, back, back! I return it!" The scholar finally got scared. He held his head, pinched his nose and returned the tuition.

  Li Mumu handed the gift to Wang Cuizhen with satisfaction, "Sister-in-law, here you go."

  Li Mumu gave the candied haws to the little boy as agreed, "Little friend, thank you for helping us."

  "I'm telling the truth." The little boy took the candied haws and drooled at the sweet and sour taste. "Can I really eat it?"

  "Of course." Li Mumu smiled and nodded. Seeing Gu Baiyuan looking at him eagerly and the little boy licking the candied haws, Li Mumu could even hear the sound of Gu Baiyuan swallowing his saliva.

  Li Mumu then went to buy one for Gu Baiyuan as well.

  Wang Cuizhen said hurriedly: "Why are you still asking me to spend money? I should have bought it. And the tuition fee has just been paid."

  Wang Cuizhen weighed the tuition fee she had just returned and felt embarrassed to ask Li Mumu to spend money.

  "It's okay. I'm just here to buy candied haws for Bai Yuan." Li Mumu said, and bought two more. "These two are for Xiuxiu and Bai Jin to take back."

  "Aunt San, let me help you get it." Bai Yuan said, stretching out his little hand.

  "Okay, thank you very much, Baiyuan." Li Mumu handed both candied haws to Gu Baiyuan.

  The candied haws were not wrapped in paper and were exposed outside.

  Gu Baiyuan held his own in one hand, licking it from time to time, and held the other two skewers in the other hand, which even felt a little heavy.