Chapter 116: Delaying Her Time with Her Husband

"Besides, I see that you don't seem like a girl from a small village who knows nothing. We have seen more than you, but we may not think as much as you do."

Madam Shang also nodded and said, "Just tell us about it."

"Okay." Li Mumu nodded. If she refused again, it would be bad. She was afraid that the two would think she was being hypocritical.

"Then I'll tell you. If I'm wrong, please don't laugh at me, sisters."

"Just tell us." Min Huilan said cheerfully.

Li Mumu said, "In fact, I think that Li Yourang is only a fourth-rank official now, and I'm afraid it's intentional. After all, the Longxi Li family is powerful, and General Li has a large army and is very popular among the people. No matter which dynasty or generation, he should be feared by those in power."

"From my perspective on the current civil affairs, Your Majesty should be a wise ruler. But even so, for General Li, he may have to avoid suspicion on some matters. A wise ruler has virtuous subjects. Whether Your Majesty is suspicious or not is another matter. Taking the initiative and expressing your attitude is also a loyalty of a subject."

"Therefore, General Li did not let his eldest son become a military general to avoid suspicion. He let his eldest son study literature, and now he is only a fourth-rank official. I just don't know whether this fourth-rank official is because General Li forced his eldest son to be only a fourth-rank official even though he is obviously capable, or whether he deliberately chose an incompetent eldest son, so that no matter how hard the eldest son works, he can only be a fourth-rank official."

"If it's the former, once General Li resigns his military power and retires, he will wait for Li Xundao to soar to the sky, and the Li family will still stand firm. If it's the latter, that's very interesting. I'm afraid General Li deliberately chose someone with little ability so that he can rest assured that no matter how hard Li Xundao tries, he won't be able to succeed. General Li may have other arrangements in secret."

"Or, take the opportunity to calm down in the future. Although it won't be as powerful as before, it will be safer." Li Mumu said.

No matter which point, she admired Li Huailin very much.

B

eing able to retreat so easily amidst all the flowers is something that not everyone can do.

"Now that you put it that way, it's true." Min Huilan whispered, "Now people say that Li Xundao's ability is average, and he can only sit at the fourth rank now because of General Li's face. But with Li Xundao's ability, I'm afraid it's impossible for him to move up a little bit. Now, it's the end. In the future, at best he will be transferred horizontally, and he won't be promoted."

"I just don't know if he is deliberately hiding his abilities or what." Min Huilan said, "We outsiders can't know about this kind of thing."

Madam Shang said, "If you ask me, to allow one's second wife to fight with one's eldest daughter like this, one's ability is not that great."

"Although most men don't care about the affairs of the inner house, the ones who are really capable can keep the inner house safe. It's not because the men manage it themselves, but because their wives are virtuous."

Madam Shang said with some disdain, "But look at the second wife he found, and now she has made such a fuss. Even outsiders know about these little things in his family. How capable can he be? If nothing else, at least the inner house is not strict."

"That's right." Min Huilan nodded. "When the old lady was here, there were no such things in the General's Mansion."

The three were chatting when a maid came over and led them to their seats.