Chapter 4: My Sister-in-Law is so Scary!

Li Mumu took it and found that the book was very old, obviously having been read countless times. The handwriting of the notes inside was strong and powerful, and very beautiful.

  "Who left these books?" Li Mumu looked up and asked, "Who left them here? I see the handwriting is strong and powerful, very beautiful."

  "It's a book that Shang Qing read before, and it just happened to be given to Bai Yuan." Gu's mother explained with a smile.

  Li Mumu remembered that the original novel said that Gu Shangqing did not have the rustic temperament of a country bumpkin at all, and was well-read, but no further details were written as to why.

  Li Mumu also complained about the author, saying that there was no need to make it so far-fetched in order to give the male protagonist a good character.

  But I didn't expect that the male protagonist actually read books.

  "At the beginning, our family could only afford to send Shangqing to school." Gu's mother explained.

  Gu Shangyong scratched his head and said, "My second son and I are not good at studying. We only have the strength to grow crops."

  Mother Gu smiled and said, "Shang Qing was a good student, he learned very quickly, and was originally going to take the imperial examination. But later his father was in poor health, and in order to get medicine for treatment, the family really couldn't continue to support Shang Qing's studies. Shang Qing also knew the family's situation, and without saying a word, he went to the fields to farm. Later, his father's health improved, and the family's conditions were a little better. Shang Qing didn't continue to go to school, but saved money to buy books and read them by himself. If he hadn't been called up this time, he would have planned to take the imperial examination."

"I see." Li Mumu nodded. This made sense. The male protagonist in the original novel was described by the author as being knowledgeable, smart, and a master of military strategy.

  Li Mumu picked out a few sentences from "The Great Learning" and asked Gu Baiyuan, and Gu Baiyuan was able to answer them fluently.

  Li Mumu understood what was going on, so she said to Wang Cuizhen, "Sister-in-law, let Bai Yuan go to school as usual tomorrow, and we will follow him secretly. I want to see what's going on with that scholar."

  "We can just go directly tomorrow, why do we have to follow secretly?" Wang Cuizhen muttered.

  "According to what Bai Yuan said, since the scholar wanted to force Bai Yuan to leave, he will definitely say something more outrageous when he sees Bai Yuan again tomorrow. If we are lucky, we can see other students giving the scholar benefits. We can catch them in the act. What the scholar said is extremely hurtful to Bai Yuan. If it gets out, everyone will say that Bai Yuan is not cut out for study. But that is clearly not the case."

  Li Mumu said coldly: "The scholar hurt a child as young as Bai Yuan for his own selfish interests. We certainly can't let him go! He must also suffer! I wonder who will send their children to study with a person of low character in the future. What good can such a person teach?"

  "My dear, I just want to give

  Bai Yuan is seeking justice, but you are just trying to cut off the scholar's financial resources." Wang Cuizhen subconsciously stepped back.

  My sister-in-law is so scary!

  She didn't say or do anything to irritate Li Mumu today, right?

  No, wasn't she still dissatisfied with Li Mumu for not working in the morning?

  Li Mumu: "..."