Chapter 124: Opening a Restaurant Again

The lady who is from a noble family is a little delicate.

But she bravely pursued what she loved, and when Gu Shangqing was in danger outside, she would often visit the Gu family.】

When Li Mumu read it, she thought the heroine was quite mature and didn't feel there was anything wrong.

The two of them walked and talked, and returned to the shop they had been in before.

There are different styles of hand warmers. Li Mumu picked out three different styles, but this time she didn't let them put charcoal fire on them.

Only then did she return home with Gu Shangqing.

Everyone in the Gu family has been waiting at home.

They are very curious about how grand the General's Mansion is and what the people inside are like.

So, they waited for Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu to come back to listen to their stories.

As soon as Li Mumu and Gu Shangqing entered the door, Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping came to greet them.

"Mumu, how is it?" Wang Cuizhen asked.

"What does the general's mansion look like? Is it grand?" Zhang Caiping asked immediately.

"It's magnificent, and it's very big inside." Li Mumu said, "The place where we are having the banquet is quite far from the place where we need to relieve ourselves, and there is a garden in between."

"I was thinking at the time that this house is too big and it's not convenient." Li Mumu said as she walked into the hall, "What do you think if I can't hold it in anymore? Won't I leak it outside?"

Mother Gu said with a smile: "I haven't even seen you come in yet, but I've heard you say this. How mean!"

Zhang Caiping noticed the hand warmer in Li Mumu's hand at this time, "What is this?"

"This is a hand warmer." Li Mumu said as she asked Gu Shangqing to put the other three on the table.

"When we went there, we took General Shang's carriage. My husband saw Madam Shang holding these hand warmers, so when he passed by the shop on the way back, he bought four." Li Mumu said, "Mother and us, one for each of us."

Mother Gu's eyes immediately lit up with laughter, "Why are there also ours?"

Although that's what I said, my son bought it for me specifically, so how could I not be happy?

Wang Cuizhen was pleasantly surprised and said, "This... it's fine if you bought it for Mom and Mu Mu, but why did you include us in the price?"

"That's right." Zhang Caiping felt a little embarrassed.

"Of course, everyone has to have one." Li Mumu said with a smile, "When my eldest sister-in-law and second sister-in-law wanted to buy cloth for me to make clothes, mother also paid for all three of us to make clothes, and never showed favoritism. It was also because mother taught my husband well, so my husband also bought four hand warmers at a time."

Gu Shangqing felt embarrassed listening to what Li Mumu said.

Li Mumu had thought of everything carefully.

Otherwise, with my mother's broad mind, she would definitely not be unhappy, but I'm afraid she wouldn't be so happy either.

But Li Mumu gave all the credit to him.

"Mom, you choose first." Wang Cuizhen said, "The styles are all different."

"I specially selected four different styles." Li Mumu said, "I used them on the way back."

Gu's mother and the other two didn't care about the style, as long as Gu Shangqing had this intention.

Besides, it was cold when they came back, so it was normal for Li Mumu to use it first.

Gu's mother picked one, and Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping shared the remaining two.

Li Mumu opened the hand warmer and said, "Put some charcoal in it. It has a layer of insulation inside, so it won't get hot even if you hold it with your hands. The temperature is just right. We won't feel cold if we carry this with us when we go out."

"This is good, this is good." Mother Gu nodded repeatedly.

Then, Li Mumu talked about some things that happened in the General's Mansion.

"The General's Mansion is so big that I dare not wander around randomly. I just go to the places where people pass by and where banquets are held." Li Mumu said.

"It's not good to wander around, lest it be impolite." Mother Gu nodded, "But just listening to you say these, I feel that the General's Mansion is very grand and magnificent."

Li Mumu thought of Su Zhier. She and Gu Shangqing both felt that there was a great possibility that Madam Su would bring Su Zhier with her.

In order to prevent the Gu family from being unprepared, Li Mumu told them about Su Zhier again.

"Mu Mu is right. There really are people like this." Wang Cuizhen said with a pout.

"In my opinion, these people are the most snobbish," said Zhang Caiping.

"Do you know whose carriage we met on the way to Chong'an belonged to?" Li Mumu said again.

Gu's mother and the others naturally didn't know, so Li Mumu then told them about Li Zhiyin.

"Oh my goodness." Wang Cuizhen sighed, "Luckily Mumu dragged Shangqing back last time, it actually involves the matter of the General's Mansion."

"Fortunately, the general and Miss Li are both sensible and thoughtful people. They know our concerns. Even if they have found out where we come from, they dare not come to our house, fearing that we will be in trouble. That's why they took this opportunity to invite us to the general's mansion and quietly kept us there after the banquet so that they could have a good chat with us."

"This general is indeed a good man. Miss Li, whom he taught, must be no mistake." Gu Shangyong said.

"However, although we stayed quietly, the people attending the banquet are all shrewd people, and someone will definitely notice us." Li Mumu said, "Su Zhier's father is the prefect of Chong'an, and he originally didn't care about a small family like us. But we happened to catch the eye of the general's mansion, and I'm afraid Madam Su will bring Su Zhier to apologize."

Not to mention that Su Zhier is still thinking about Gu Shangqing, and might even take this opportunity to come to the Gu family.

"It would be best if they don't come, and we don't want to have anything to do with them." Li Mumu said, "But if they come, we don't have to panic, as long as we know why they come."

After Li Mumu said this, everyone understood.

"Sister-in-law, sister-in-law, we have been in Chong'an for some time." Li Mumu said, "We have some understanding of Chong'an. I think we should go and check out the shop tomorrow."

"Okay, okay." Wang Cuizhen nodded quickly, "I really can't wait any longer. I was wondering how long we have to wait."

"It's just that I'm afraid we can't do it ourselves like before." Li Mumu said, "Now that my husband has a high rank, it wouldn't be appropriate for us to still do it the same way as before."

"I saw the guests at the General's Mansion today. If I calculate based on my family's salary, I'm afraid I can't afford the fancy clothes they wear, plus the daily expenses and the exchanges of gifts with colleagues and superiors. I guess they all have their own shops, but they won't come in person."

"Although we don't need to care about what those people think, I think that we have become the odd ones out here, and it's not good to attract so many eyes." Li Mumu said, "So I think we should follow the arrangement we made before leaving Anping Town, recruit some workers, provide the menu, and open the restaurant."

"With the experience in Anping Town, it will be easier for us to handle it here." Li Mumu said.