Chapter 142: Defense

But Li Youkang didn't seem panicked at all.

When Li Mumu left Anping Town with the Gu family, Li Youkang stayed.

When Li Youkang sent Li Mumu away, Li Mumu reminded him that Li's father and mother would not let it go like this.

At that time, Li Mumu was there and threatened to see the officials, so Li's father and mother did not dare to continue.

But after Li Mumu left, Li Youkang was bullied in the Li family for many years.

He was used to being bullied silently, and Li's father and mother were also used to exploiting Li Youkang, and they were always successful in doing so. Li Youkang never resisted.

So Li Mumu was worried that after she left, as soon as Li's father and mother heard the news that Li Mumu had left, they would immediately go and cause trouble for Li Youkang.

So Li Mumu reminded Li Youkang that if Li's father and mother went, they could give them two choices.

The first is to go see the officials.

Gu's snacks do not belong to Li Youkang, so Li's father and mother can't take them.

Moreover, Li Youkang had always given money to Li's father and mother, so it cannot be said that he was unfilial.

The second way is to give them one or two taels of silver every month.

Li Youkang became the shopkeeper and earned more money. Taking out one or two taels of silver would make Li's father and mother very happy, but it would not have any effect on Li Youkang.

If Li's father and mother agree, then every time Li Youkang gives money to Li's father and mother, it must be recorded in the book.

And they were required to put their fingerprints on the money every time before they could take it.

This is the evidence that Li Youkang works hard outside to provide for the family.

Therefore, now that Li Youkang had evidence in hand, he was not panicked at all, and said: "The charge of being unfilial is very serious in Daxi. You can put me in jail."

Li's father and mother thought that Li Youkang was afraid, and they immediately became proud.

Li Youkang continued, "Why don't you just file a complaint with the government?"

"Let the magistrate be the judge." Li Youkang bowed to the side, "I have a clear conscience and am not afraid of a confrontation at the government office."

Seeing Li Youkang's tough attitude, everyone couldn't help but change their minds.

Li Youkang's behavior doesn't seem to have any problems.

Li Youkang then said to the crowd, "If you have time, you can come to the government office and see for yourself. Then you will know whether I am a good person or a bad person."

"As the shopkeeper of Gujia Snacks, I must not let customers stop patronizing Gu's Snacks because of my character." Li Youkang said, "I dare not say that Li's character is excellent, but I dare not say that there isn't any flaw."

After that, Li Youkang said to his father and mother, "Dad, Mom, let's go to the government office together."

"Yamen? What are we going to the yamen for?" When Li's mother heard that they were going to the yamen, she immediately became scared.

She came here just to ask for money, not to see the official.

Li Youkang said: "Of course we will go and sue my son for being unfilial."