Chapter 76: The Matchmaker Arrives

"Not much." Master Guan nodded and asked Gu Baiyuan, "Then do you know the next sentence?"

  "A man who is good at enforcing the law must be strong, resolute and upright. Without it, he cannot correct evil." Gu Baiyuan said, "It means that a man who is good at enforcing the law must be strong, resolute and upright. Without it, he cannot correct evil."

  Master Guan nodded and asked, "What do you think of this?"

  Gu Baiyuan looked up at Li Mumu, and Li Mumu nodded at him and said, "Just say whatever you want to say."

  Gu Baiyuan lowered his head and thought for a while, then raised his head and said to Master Guan: "Of course this is correct, but I think no matter what you do, you need to be strong and resolute in your heart, but you need to be flexible in your actions."

  Gu Baiyuan thought for a moment and said, "It's easy to break after it's just broken."

  Master Guan nodded, "Your idea is not bad. Some things cannot be done blindly. But you must have a firm and resolute heart to stick to your original intention, so as not to lose yourself and your original intention in the process of flexibility."

  Master Guan asked Gu Baijin again, "What do you know? You studied with your brothers and sisters, but you didn't learn anything?"

  "I know a little here and a little there, but I can't remember them clearly." Gu Baijin said truthfully.

  Master Guan nodded, "So, do you know any words?"

  Gu Baijin nodded, "I know a little bit. Third Aunt said that I will study seriously next year, so I will study with my elder brother and elder sister to get a feel for it. They don't ask me to learn a lot, but I can't make trouble. I can recognize a lot of words now."

  Master Guan smiled and took out a copy of The Analects of Confucius. He thought that since Gu Baijin was young, he would not test him with difficult characters.

  He opened one of the pages, pointed to a word and asked, "How do you read this word?"

  "Time!" Gu Baijin said, "Time flies by, day and night."

  Master Guan was surprised, "Oh? You know this sentence?"

  Gu Baijin pouted, "I just don't know much, but I do know a little."

  "Hahahaha!" Master Guan laughed, "Okay, okay."

  "These three children are smart. Although Gu Xiuxiu is a girl, she studies with Madam and does very well. Gu Baiyuan has his own opinions and is teachable. Gu Baijin is smart, lively and cute. Although he is the youngest, he knows a lot."

  "You can see the Gu family's intentions." Master Guan was smiling.

  It's much easier to get along with than when I first came. "At the beginning of tomorrow morning, the three of you will come to my place and start the class."

  "Hurry up and thank the teacher." Li Mumu reminded quickly.

  "Thank you, Master." The three children said in unison.

  "Master, how are you having dinner tonight?" Li Mumu asked.

  Master Guan waved his hand and said, "I'm just going to walk around town tonight. Are you guys open for dinner?"

  "It's open." Li Mumu said, "Do you want to try it?"

  Li Mumu continued, "If you don't want to eat at home in the future and want to eat in the restaurant, it's the same. We are all family members in our restaurant and we all know you."