Chapter 2: I Didn't Expect the Voice to be so Nice

Since all the supporting characters have to make way for the meeting of the hero and heroine, Li Mumu decided not to delay the hero and heroine's affairs.

  It is impossible for her to die, but she can behave well and try to get the Gu family's elders to adopt her as their goddaughter. Then she will be the general's sister in the future!

  You can just lie down and do nothing every day, and it won't interfere with the hero and heroine being together.

  Anyway, if she were to go somewhere else now, she wouldn't be able to survive on her own.

  After figuring out the matter, Li Mumu comforted Gu's mother, "Mom, don't worry, my husband will come back safely, and maybe he can make meritorious deeds and earn a job."

  Mother Gu didn't expect Li Mumu to be so sensible, and she even comforted her instead.

  This time, the matchmaker did not exaggerate, which immediately alleviated some of Gu Shangqing's worries and anxieties about joining the army.

  Gu's mother asked Li Mumu to go to bed early and recognize the people tomorrow morning, and then she left with a room full of people.

  Li Mumu changed her clothes and fell on the bed.

  She was so tired from working overtime and she was able to sleep even after experiencing such a big change.

  Before going to bed, I thought about the male voice I just heard.

  "That voice...could it be Gu Shangqing's?" Li Mumu muttered while grabbing the quilt, "I didn't expect it to be so nice."

  The next day, she was awakened by the crowing of roosters outside.

  Rubbing my eyes, I could hear voices coming from the yard, mixed with some childish laughter.

  Li Mumu got up and folded the quilt first. When she went out, she saw two boys who looked about four or five years old squatting in the corner of the yard, scratching on the ground with branches.

  Li Mumu quickly figured out that one of the two men was the five-year-old Gu Baiyuan, the eldest son of the Gu family.

  The other slightly younger one is the four-year-old Gu Baijin, the second son of the Gu family.

  The names of the three brothers of the Gu family, including Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin, were all given by Gu's father when he went to town to find a scholar.

  "Stop playing around, you two! Come in and have dinner!" A woman strode out and grabbed Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin by the collars, one in each hand.

  A little girl came out of the kitchen with a bowl of steamed bread. When she passed by Li Mumu, she stopped in her tracks, blushed slightly, and said softly, "Aunt San...Aunt San, it's time to eat..."

  The voice was so soft that if Li Mumu didn't listen carefully, she wouldn't know that the person was talking to her.

  Judging from her age, she should be the eldest daughter of the Gu family, seven-year-old Gu Xiuxiu.

  The original novel didn't focus much on Gu Xiuxiu, but I didn't expect that the little girl was still an i person.

  "Let me take it." Li Mumu said, took the bowl from Gu Xiuxiu's hand, carried it and went into the house with Gu Xiuxiu.

  Another woman in the room was placing dishes and chopsticks on the table. Father Gu and the eldest and second sons Gu had already sat down.

  "Mu Mu, come and sit down." Mother Gu pulled Gu Xiuxiu to sit down and introduced the people at the table to her.