Chapter 36: Your Brother is Still on Your Side

Thinking of Li Youkang's instructions just now, although Gu's mother didn't know the reason, she still didn't mention Li Youkang.

  "You are my in-laws, why are you here all of a sudden?" Mother Gu asked politely.

  "My dear, we heard about Shang Qing's situation, so we came to see you." Mother Li took Mother Gu's hand and patted it gently a few times, "Please accept my condolences."

  Mother Gu's smile faded a little, and she said, "You are so thoughtful."

  "By the way, where's Mumu? Why doesn't she come out?" Mother Li said as she looked inside.

  The courtyard is very small and you can see the end at a glance, so Li's mother's reaction was really exaggerated.

  "It's already this late, why are you still being lazy?" Li's mother said unhappily, "Is she sensible in your house? If she does anything wrong, just tell me and I'll teach her a lesson!"

  Gu's mother had also heard about the Li family's affairs a long time ago.

  When I was arranging a marriage for Gu Shangqing, I had already met all the girls of marriageable age.

  Know what kind of people the Li family is.

  The only reason that Gu's mother liked Li Mumu was that Li Mumu didn't have any ideas and was an honest person, so it didn't matter even if she was a little easily influenced.

  In Gu's mother's opinion, as long as a person is honest, it's fine if he has no opinions.

  At home, I listen obediently to my parents-in-law and Gu Shangqing.

  Moreover, the eldest and second daughters-in-law in the family are both strong-willed. If another strong-willed one were to come in, there would probably be a lot of trouble.

  Unexpectedly, Li Mumu actually gave her a surprise.

  Although he has big ideas, he is very sensible and will not act recklessly. His ideas are all sound and reasonable.

  He is honest and upright but also able to act with ease. He is calculating but not stingy.

  Look at how she has controlled Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping's tempers after she came in. Now if anyone outside says something bad about Li Mumu, Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping will really roll up their sleeves, one with a broom and the other with a rolling pin, and rush forward to seek justice for Li Mumu.

  Therefore, at this time, Gu's mother did not take a word of what Li's mother said to heart, and said with a smile: "Mu Mu is very good, our whole family likes her."

  "It's just that she is setting up a stall in town with her two sisters-in-law and hasn't come back yet." Gu's mother felt that Li's mother's visit might not be good for Li Mumu, so she didn't say what she had just said to Li Youkang, "It's an unfortunate coincidence that my in-laws came. If you have anything to say, you can tell me. I'll tell Mumu when she comes back."

  It means that he has no intention of keeping anyone.

  When Li's mother heard this, she felt that Gu's mother was not an easy person to get along with, and that Li Mumu would not have a good life in Gu's family.

  But Li's mother was also thick-skinned. Even though Gu's mother said so, Li's mother still seemed not to understand and said with a smile: "It's okay, we will wait for her to come back here, don't you mind, in-laws?"

  Mother Gu smiled coldly, "Of course I don't mind. Please come in."

  "When does Mumu usually come back?" Li's mother asked again.