Chapter 64: Find a Good Family for Mumu

At this time, although Father and Mother Gu had already lain down, they were not asleep yet.

  Mother Gu opened her eyes and stared at the dirty ceiling.

  After getting used to the darkness, she could see clearly.

  In silence, Mother Gu spoke slowly, "I insisted on moving to the town. Besides wanting to give the children a good environment and not wanting to hear the gossip spread by the villagers, I also wanted to find a good family for Mu Mu."

  Father Gu slowly turned his head and looked at Mother Gu.

  Mother Gu didn't look at him and said, "Although Mumu has always insisted that if we can't see Shangqing's body, it can't prove that Shangqing is dead. Mumu is a good child and should stay for Shangqing. But she is still young, we can't delay her."

  "We can't let her stay with Shang Qing for her whole life at such a young age, right?" Mother Gu sighed, "It's just that I don't like the people in our village and the nearby villages."

  "Although there may not be such good things in town, at least there are definitely more choices than in the village," said Gu's mother.

  Father Gu said, "Let's wait and see. I always feel that with Mu Mu's business ability, our family won't be able to stay in this town for long. We will move to a bigger and richer place. Our town is still a little small."

  "I think it's hard to find someone who is worthy of Mu Mu." Father Gu said, "If there is no one, we shouldn't hastily find someone to make do with her just to get her married. If that's the case, it's better to let her stay in our house. We love her so much as a daughter."

  "If you meet someone who is worthy of Mu Mu, who is really good, then tell Mu Mu about it."

  "I think so too." Mother Gu said, "Yong'an Town is a little too small for Mu Mu after all."

  "But we should first slowly prepare a dowry for Mumu." Mother Gu said, "We can't rely on Mumu's parents anymore, so in the future, we will let Mumu marry out of our family as a daughter, and we will prepare a dowry for her."

  "That's right." Father Gu thought for a moment and sighed, "I'm really reluctant to let him go."

  "I am discussing this with you now. If we really want to wait for Mu Mu to get married, I am afraid it will take some time." Mother Gu said with a smile, "I also think that there is no one in this town who is worthy of Mu Mu."

  In every room, people were quietly discussing their own things, only Li Mumu was sleeping soundly.

  The next day, the Gu family

  They set out for the town together, without taking care of any work in the fields.

  First, decide on the house and sign a lease with the owner.

  Then he went straight to see the shop that Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei mentioned.

  The shop is right opposite their stall.

  Li Mumu and others put all the things on the stall and asked Li Youkang to look after them.

  They went to look at the shop across the street.

  The shop is not very big, but it is much bigger than their current stall.

  There are two rooms. In addition to the larger room used for business outside, there is also a smaller room inside which can be used as a kitchen.

  Li Mumu roughly calculated that the room outside should be able to accommodate eight tables plus a counter.

  The counter is ready.

  Li Mumu smiled and said, "Then this counter will belong to my second sister-in-law."

  Zhang Caiping touched the counter happily, "I actually have my own place now."

  "The kitchen belongs to me and my sister-in-law." Li Mumu said.

  Gu Shangyong volunteered: "I'll do the heavy work, such as washing pots and dishes."

  Gu Shangwei said, "Brother, why don't you let me do this job? You have a good temper, so you can serve as waiter with Youkang. I have a bad temper, and I'm afraid I might quarrel with the customers if I'm not careful."

  "Hahaha, that's fine." Gu Shangyong didn't care what he did, as long as he did what he was good at.

  "Then we can set up our original stall at the door and continue selling the braised platters. Customers who only want to buy the braised platters and don't want to eat in the store can buy it here. They don't need to wait in the store, which is so troublesome." Li Mumu said.

  Mother Gu said quickly, "Leave the job of setting up the stall outside to me."

  "No, no, it's hot outside in the summer and cold in the winter, with the wind and the sun. Mom, please don't do it." Gu Shangwei said quickly, "How about I do it?"

  "Didn't you say that you have a bad temper and are afraid of quarreling with the guests?" said Gu's mother.

  Li Youkang scratched his head and said, "Auntie, Second Brother, let me do it. I'm young, so it's okay if I'm exposed to the wind and sun."

  "Besides, I usually follow my sister and sisters-in-law to set up stalls, so I am familiar with this job." Li Youkang asked Li Mumu, "Sister, are we still setting up stalls outside like before, selling a fixed amount and closing the stall after selling out?"

  "That's right." Li Mumu nodded, "From now on, we won't sell braised offal in our store. If you want to eat it, you can buy it here. Just like before, we will sell it in fixed quantities, and the daily sales volume will also be the same as before. We will close the stall after we sell it all."

  "Then I'll go into the store to help after I finish selling." Li Youkang said, "Anyway, the braised platters are still sold at the original time, which is just right to avoid meal times. After I finish selling, it won't delay other work."

  Li Mumu smiled and said, "Okay."

  "Kang is doing the work of two people. We need to raise his wages," Zhang Caiping said. "150 wen a month is not enough."

  Zhang Caiping already acted like a shopkeeper, and she was already calculating expertly at the counter, "Youkang, I'll give you 500 wen a month now. If business gets better in the future, we'll raise your salary, okay?"

  Li Youkang didn't expect that his salary would increase again in such a short period of time.

  Li Youkang couldn't help but turn his head and look at Li Mumu.

  Zhang Caiping said, "You don't have to look at your sister. Besides, your future wages will not come from your sister, but from our store."

  "Okay." Li Mumu nodded.

  "Oh, you all have assigned tasks to yourselves, so what should we do? We can't just sit there doing nothing, can we?" Father Gu is not the kind of person who can watch his children busy themselves and do nothing.

  "Dad, Mom, we still have children at home." Wang Cuizhen reminded, "Now that we have opened a restaurant, we can't just set up the stall for a while and then close it like before. We have to make at least lunch and dinner. If we are more diligent, we can even make breakfast."

  "Sister-in-law, I'm thinking, let's just have breakfast. There's a breakfast stall opposite us." Li Mumu said.

  As for lunch and dinner, the dishes provided are different from those sold at the stalls, so there is no question of stealing other people's business.

  Wang Cuizhen thought about it and said, "That's fine. The breakfast stall owner is a kind person and we have always gotten along well. It would be bad for us to clash with her in business."

  "But even so, we still have to work in the store all day, and we have three children at home, so we can't be left alone." Wang Cuizhen said, "We still have to rely on you, parents, to help look after the children."

  "Then we don't have to watch over it all day." Mother Gu said, "I think we can leave the shopping to your father. If you need anything, tell us and we will be responsible for buying it."