Chapter 54: The Widowmaker

"It's not like you need a bite of food to eat." Zhang Caiping also said.

  She really doesn't care about this matter.

  Even if you hire a waiter, you have to provide him with meals.

  What's more, Li Youkang is Li Mumu's younger brother, and he is a very reliable person.

  He was also diligent in working for them. Not only did Li Youkang do all the work that Li Mumu mentioned, he even washed the dishes.

  As a result, Wang Cuizhen almost had no work to do.

  There's really no need to bother with such a good guy.

  Li Mumu was really surprised that Zhang Caiping would say that.

  But Li Mumu still said: "He has made money now, so he has to pay what he owes. This way he can eat with peace of mind, otherwise he will always feel uncomfortable."

  "Yes, yes, yes." Li Youkang said quickly, "Otherwise I really wouldn't be able to eat."

  "Why are you so ashamed to eat?" Gu's mother came over with a mattress and quilt in her arms. When she entered the room, she heard these incoherent words and didn't understand them.

  Wang Cuizhen explained it to Gu's mother.

  Mother Gu thought for a moment and said, "We feel that we don't need you to eat at home. Even if we cook, we can't always make sure that everyone eats everything. We have to eat the leftovers the next day. So there's no problem with you coming to eat."

  "But if you really can't make ends meet, you can just give me 10 cents a month." Mother Gu said with a smile.

  Li Youkang wanted to say that ten coins might not be enough, but Gu's mother said, "You are not the only one eating. There are so many people sharing the expenses. Ten coins should be enough."

  Li Youkang blushed, knowing that although Gu's mother said so, in fact she must be doing it to take care of him, and she was just asking for a symbolic amount.

  Li Youkang decided that since Gu's mother didn't charge much, he would buy more food and daily necessities and send them to her after he got his wages.

  "Thank you, Auntie, and thank you, brother and sister-in-law." Li Youkang was about to take the tools from Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei.

  Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei both dodged.

  Gu Shangyong smiled and said, "It's okay. We are both very skilled at this kind of work. Just give us a hand."

  "Okay!" Li Youkang nodded.

  So, Li Mumu, together with Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping, cleaned up the house for Li Youkang.

  Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei helped Li Youkang fix some leaks.

  square.

  "It's done."

  After everyone had cleaned up, Li Mumu said, "Let's go home. I'll make something delicious."

  On the way home, they met a young man who looked younger than Gu Shangwei, but should be a little older than Gu Shangqing.

  The young man looked quite strong. Li Mumu just glanced at him indifferently, felt that the man's face made people feel uncomfortable, so she didn't look at him again.

  She knew most of the people in the village, but the one in front of her was a stranger.

  Li Mumu didn't say anything, but the young man walking over greeted her first, "Auntie Gu, what are you doing? Why are there so many people?"