Chapter 28: I Have Implicated my Wife

Huang Kexiao hurriedly shook his head, "I'm used to being alone, but I'm not used to having someone else at home. Besides, we are in a very difficult situation now. We haven't settled down yet, so we should not cause trouble for others."

  After saying this, Huang Kexiao realized that something was wrong, and quickly explained to Gu Shangqing, "I'm not talking about you. I know your situation is different."

  Gu Shangqing smiled, "I know."

  "Besides, if I hadn't been lucky this time and survived, my wife would have been implicated. We haven't even met each other, and she just got married, but she has to remain a widow because of me." Gu Shangqing did not mention the fact that he was rescued by Li Mumu in the mountains.

  Li Mumu saved his life, and he didn't want to bring trouble to Li Mumu.

  "Bah, bah, bah! Stop talking nonsense." Huang Kexiao quickly patted his mouth, "Aren't you okay now?"

  "That's right." Zhu Yaoming said, "And you have made great contributions this time. Thanks to the secret report you brought back, we were able to respond in time. The general has already requested a reward for you. Although the reward has not yet been issued, the general said that this time it will be good. You will definitely be promoted. It depends on how high you can be promoted to."

  "You are now a lieutenant." Huang Kexiao said, "You will be at least a sixth-rank general."

  Gu Shangqing smiled and said, "It would be great if I could get a promotion, but I am lucky to be able to save my life this time."

  "That's right, let's lower our expectations. The general said it would be as if there were no accidents, but what if there were accidents?" Zhu Yaoming nodded.

  *

  Li Mumu closed her stall and left some sweet potato noodles.

  After Gu Shangwei came to pick them up, they let Gu Shangwei push the cart to the back door of Zhenweilou first.

  Li Mumu went in and explained her purpose to the waiter, who immediately called over Boss Zhao.

  "Why did you come in through the back door?" Boss Zhao came out and said.

  "Our stuff is really messy and unsightly. If we rush to the main entrance, we're afraid that the guests of Zhenweilou might be unhappy," Li Mumu explained.

  Boss Zhao secretly thought that Li Mumu was thoughtful and very sensible.

  "I made this hot and sour noodles on the spot. I can go to the kitchen and make it for everyone to see. You can try it and see if it can be included in the menu of Zhenweilou." Li Mumu said.

  "You cook it on the spot? Aren't you afraid that our chef will steal your skills?" Boss Zhao said with a smile.

  "My hot and sour noodles are nothing special, the ingredients are simple. The chefs at Zhenweilou are so skilled, if you really want to make it, you just need to taste it." Li Mumu said with a smile. If she continued to hide it, it would be narrow-minded.

  Hearing what Li Mumu said, Boss Zhao smiled and assured: "Don't worry, we follow the rules in doing business. Even if my chef really wants to try to make it, I won't allow it."

  "Unless you stop doing business here in the future, as long as you are still here, we will always be partners." Boss Zhao said, "I won't break the rules."

  Boss Zhao brought Li Mumu and others to the kitchen.

  Everyone saw Li Mumu operating on the spot.

  Li Mumu saw that there was a colander in the kitchen, so she said, "Having a colander is much more convenient than our stall."

  "In order to save costs, I didn't want to buy a colander, so I simply modified some unused cloth at home." Li Mumu explained while picking up the colander, "But it's much more convenient to have a colander."

  Li Mumu scooped some sweet potato flour paste from the bucket and poured it into the colander over the pot of boiling water.

  The sweet potato starch paste leaked into the pot through the round holes of the colander and solidified into sweet potato vermicelli in slightly boiled water.

  Li Mumu put the vermicelli into a bowl, poured in the ready-made pork bone broth, added seasonings, and sprinkled with chopped green onions and crispy beans.

  "I always add marinade and offal at my stall. Boss Zhao, do you want it?" She was worried that Boss Zhao would not like it.

  "Actually, I've always been curious about the offal you braised. Are these the ones?" Boss Zhao turned around and asked curiously.

  "I cut these into small pieces and added them to the hot and sour noodles. The ones I bought separately were cut into large pieces," said Li Mumu. "Those are all sold out."

  "Okay, then give me some more." said Boss Zhao.

  Li Mumu added some more and said to Boss Zhao with a smile, "I didn't expect you wouldn't mind these offal. If you don't mind, I'll also save some braised food for you to try tomorrow?"

  "Okay." Boss Zhao had indeed never eaten offal, but since Li Mumu's business was so good, he was curious about the taste.

  "Okay, here's the chili, add according to your taste." Li Mumu put the hot and sour noodles on Boss Zhao

  before.

  Boss Zhao first tasted the dish without any spiciness, then added some spiciness himself. He was so excited that he said to the chef and several kitchen assistants, "You guys should try it too."

  Then everyone brought their bowls over and everyone tasted a little.

  "It's really good."

  "tasty."

  Moreover, Li Mumu did not hide from them what ingredients he added.

  Boss Zhao said, "I see your soup is very fragrant and white in color. The rich aroma comes from this soup, right?"

  "This is ordinary bone soup, made with pork bones." said Li Mumu.

  "There's no problem putting this on the menu," Boss Zhao said cheerfully, "I told you before that it's only available in limited quantities in our store."

  "We won't prepare any soup here. This soup must have some of your secret recipes." Boss Zhao said, "You put the seasoning in front of us just now. You trust me."

  "Of course I can't cheat you. Starting tomorrow, prepare more soup and sweet potato noodles in the same quantity as your stall." Boss Zhao said, "As for the other seasonings, I think they are all common things. Tell the chef the quantities and let them add them according to your instructions. Give us some chili as well."

  "You sell it for 5 cents a bowl at your stall. In our store, it's 12 cents a bowl. We won't use the offal sauce and will replace it with meat sauce. This way, our price is reasonable." Boss Zhao already knew the costs by heart.

  Guests who come to Zhenweilou will definitely not accept offal being replaced with meat sauce.

  The meat sauce can be made with leftover meat scraps, and it doesn't cost much.

  "When you come to deliver the goods the next day, I will give you the commission for the previous day." Boss Zhao said, "Considering that our costs should be similar. You will provide the soup, noodles, and chili, and we will prepare the minced meat and other seasonings ourselves."

  "So we'll split the daily profit 50-50," Boss Zhao said. "What do you think?"

  "Of course I have no problem." Li Mumu was also very surprised, "To be honest, I didn't think you could give us so much."

  "We have to look at our cooperation in the long term. Besides, there isn't much profit from a bowl of hot and sour noodles, so why should I be greedy for a little bit from you?" Boss Zhao told the truth.