Chapter 109: Soulmate

The nanny nodded, took the needle from the driver and returned to the carriage.

"Miss." The nanny called out.

Li Mumu was right, there were two young girls sitting in the car.

One of them was dressed as a maid.

Mammy placed the needle on the handkerchief before handing it to the person she called miss, "This was found by the coachman on the horse's hoof."

The maid next to her saw it and immediately said angrily, "It must have been done by the Madam. Miss, you have been with the general at the front line for so many years. The family is controlled by the Madam. The Madam must be the one who least wants you to go back."

"Go back and check and you'll know." Li Zhiyin said calmly.

At this time, Gu Shangqing drove by in a carriage.

The maid saw this and pouted, "The lady of that house was very nice, saying that she would just move the luggage to make room for us. But I saw her hurriedly pulling her husband away, as if she couldn't wait to run. Look at her now, she's driving away, and she didn't even stop when she passed by us."

"Moreover, seeing that her husband is quite skilled, why didn't he offer to help investigate the reason why the horse went crazy?" the maid said anxiously.

"Cui Liu." Li Zhiyin's voice became stern.

Seeing Li Zhiyin's serious expression, Cui Liu immediately shrank her neck and dared not say anything more.

"You've been with me for so long, why do you still only look at the surface?" Li Zhiyin said.

"That lady just now is a truly smart person." Li Zhiyin said, "She obviously saw that we are not an ordinary family, and she also saw that the reason why the horse went crazy might be something unusual, so she didn't want to get involved."

"But miss, you are not the kind of person who would take advantage of others. Especially since her husband saved us." Cui Liu said unconvinced.

"You know me, but do others know me? They haven't even seen us, so how can they know that we are not the kind of people who are ungrateful and selfish?"

"There are too many people like this in this world. That lady is not wrong to be cautious," said Li Zhiyin.

"They saved us, but you are not only ungrateful, but also complain about everything. If you do this again in the future, you don't have to stay with me." Li Zhiyin said coldly.

Cui Liu was so scared that she quickly knelt down and said, "Miss, I will never do that again."

Li Zhiyin sighed, "You get up. "

"Just now, the nanny said that she wanted to come to their house to express her gratitude. Even though the lady could see that we might be from a high-class family, she still refused the nanny's request to come to their house to express her gratitude." Li Zhiyin's face showed obvious admiration, "She is a cautious person and doesn't want to cause trouble for her family. She doesn't intend to take this opportunity to curry favor with the high-class family."

"That lady is the one who is truly worth making friends with." Li Zhiyin said with a smile, "It is also a blessing for that guy just now to have such a smart and rational lady."

"Should we go to her house to express our gratitude?" the maid asked. "Although the lady did not tell us her address, we can still find it if we want to."

"Let's deal with the family affairs first. Since the lady has refused, if we check her address and go to her house rashly, she might still worry that we have other intentions." Li Zhiyin said.

"Since her family is also in Chong'an, maybe I'll see her someday." Li Zhiyin said, "I see her husband is quite skilled. I didn't have time to see the sword in his hand clearly, but at first glance, it looks like a military standard."

"If that's the case, then we'll have to meet each other in the future." Li Zhiyin thought for a moment and said, "Well, after we go back, we should find out who that lady is from. But forget about visiting her."

"After we find out who they are from, we'll have the chance to meet them in some other occasions in the future," Li Zhiyin said.

"The young lady admires that lady very much," said the nanny, smiling.

"I have been with my grandfather in Yanguan for many years, and I know very few people in Chong'an." Li Zhiyin said with a smile, "Looking at the words and deeds of that couple, they are really good. Moreover, I really admire that lady."

"I see that they are dressed in clothes and in carriages, and they are all from ordinary families. But the lady has such insight and is able to remain calm and composed, and not bow to the powerful. She is really good."

"Madam, do you also think that lady is good?" Cui Liu couldn't help but ask.

"I think it's good, but I trust the girl's judgment more." The nanny said, "Besides, when people first get along with each other, isn't it based on chemistry?"

"If the first impression is good, then we can make friends. As for what the other person is like, we still have to get to know her after we get to know her." The nanny smiled and said, "But at least now, it is not easy to make the miss want to make friends."

Li Mumu had no idea that the owner of the carriage behind her had such a high opinion of her.

The carriage traveled for another half an hour and finally entered Chong'an, and finally stopped outside Gu's house.

The luggage was unloaded and moved into the house piece by piece.

This time, with the help of Gu Shangqing's two subordinates, the move was faster than the previous time.

The house had been cleaned beforehand and everyone had packed their luggage.

"Shang Qing!"

Not long after the Gu family had finished packing, they heard someone shouting outside the door.

When Gu Shangqing went out and opened the door, he saw Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao.

The two of them still came with gifts.

"Why are you here? Come in." Gu Shangqing said in surprise and quickly invited the two in.

"You are moving today, and we come to help you." Zhu Yaoming said.

"Everything has been arranged." Gu Shangqing said with a smile.

His family members were very efficient in packing up their things.

"Are we late?" Huang Kexiao said embarrassedly, "We were hoping to come over and help."

"There's no need to be so polite. Come in and sit down." Gu Shangqing said with a smile.

Zhu Yaoming picked up the paper bag in his hand and said, "I didn't know what to buy, so I bought some tea."

Huang Kexiao scratched his head and said, "I bought some seasonings, both common ones and those I've never seen before. Especially these ones I've never seen before, they said they were brought from foreign countries through trade, I don't know what they are, I wonder if my sister-in-law knows, what if she does."

Li Mumu took it and looked at it. There were really quite a lot of things.

In addition to the pepper that can also be bought in Anping Town, there are also chili peppers.

This is what she lacks most at the moment.

Although dogwood could be used as a substitute before, it still lacked some flavor.

"Where did you buy all these?" Li Mumu asked Huang Kexiao in surprise.

"It's in a shop called Xiangjiaopu." Huang Kexiao said, "It's not far from here, just turn left when you go out the door."

Zhu Yaoming suggested, "If you're not tired, why don't we go out for a walk now? Ke Xiao and I have learned about Chong'an today, and I can give you a rough introduction."

Li Mumu looked at Mr. and Mother Gu.

Mother Gu asked for Father Gu's opinion.