Chapter 148: Golden Hairpin, Really

"Although mom is an open-minded person, her open-mindedness is different from you, as a son, who only thinks about buying things for me but doesn't think about buying anything for mom. Mom may not care, but you can't forget about her." Li Mumu said.

Gu Shangqing cupped his hands and bowed deeply to Li Mumu, "My lady is right, I was careless."

"I'll go pick out a gift for my mother now." Gu Shangqing said, "Does Madam have any good suggestions?"

"I've never seen mom dress up. When we were in Yong'an Village, we didn't have the conditions, and it was inconvenient for us to live on weekdays." Li Mumu said, "But now that we have the conditions, mom doesn't need to work in the fields, and doesn't need to do any work at home. Why don't you buy mom some beautiful jewelry?"

"It doesn't matter what kind of hairpin or bracelet it is." Li Mumu said, "Forget about the ring. I can't take my mother to try it on, and the size might not fit. Hairpins and bracelets are not so strict about the size."

"Okay, I'll go right away." Gu Shangqing was about to go out, but hesitated again, "But my vision... Madam, why don't you come with me and help me with the advice?"

Li Mumu felt that Gu Shangqing actually had a pretty good vision.

He gave her a hand warmer, and she liked the pattern on it very much.

This time, the cloak and red dress are also generous and very much in line with Li Mumu's taste.

However, she really didn't know what Gu Shangqing's taste for jewelry was, so she nodded and said, "Okay, I'll help you with some ideas."

Gu Shangqing bowed to Li Mumu and said, "Actually, even if you are not helping with the advisory, Madam has to go with me."

"Why?" Li Mumu was puzzled.

"Madam, have you forgotten?" Gu Shangqing said with a smile, "My salary is all with you, Madam."

Before Li Mumu could ask any other questions, Gu Shangqing said, "I hunted the cloak for you myself. Didn't Madam give me some money every month for daily expenses? I don't spend much in the army. The money for making the cloak and buying fabric for your clothes is what I saved up every day."

"But now, I have spent almost all the money, and it is definitely not enough to buy jewelry." Gu Shangqing said.

Li Mumu knew how much money Gu Shangqing had because it was all given by her.

After hearing what Gu Shangqing said, it is true.

"Then I'll give you more starting next month." Li Mumu said, "You can't be short of money when you're away from home."

"No, no, I don't spend much on a daily basis, so I have this much money left." Gu Shangqing said, "If I really need it, just ask Madam for it."

Since Gu Shangqing said so, Li Mumu no longer insisted.

Unexpectedly, Gu Shangqing said, "Besides, I don't have much money, so Madam doesn't have to worry about me doing something else outside."

Li Mumu: "..."

It's no wonder that it has nothing to do with whether Gu Shangqing has money or not.

She seemed to have never thought about the possibility that Gu Shangqing would have an affair outside.

Li Mumu was suddenly startled.

Since when did she start to trust Gu Shangqing so much?

Li Mumu thought about it carefully. When Gu Shangqing just came back, she always thought that Gu Shangqing would be with the heroine.