Chapter 38: You Curse my Husband!

Although Li's mother was unwilling, Li Mumu had already entered the house, leaving her no chance to be alone with her.

  Mother Li had no choice but to purse her lips and walk into the house with an unhappy look on her face.

  Everyone sat down. Li Mumu was too lazy to watch the performance of Li's mother and others, and said directly: "Mom, what are you doing here?"

  "I just missed you, so I came to see you." Mother Li was still acting hypocritically, "I heard about my son-in-law again, and I was so worried that I couldn't sleep for nights. I was afraid that if you come, you will make your in-laws sad by talking about sad things. But if you don't come, I will always be worried about you."

  "So I struggled for a long time, and today I couldn't help it and came anyway." Li's mother said in a realistic manner.

  "Son-in-law? Are you talking about my husband? What happened to him? He's fine." Li Mumu said coldly.

  Mother Gu sighed silently in her heart.

  Even now, Li Mumu still cannot accept this matter.

  "What are you talking about? What nonsense are you talking about!" Li Youcai said bluntly, "Isn't Gu Shangqing dead?"

  "boom!"

  Li Mumu slammed the table, shocking everyone in the Li family.

  Father Li scolded him with a frown, "What are you doing?"

  "You cursed my husband!" Li Mumu was furious. "My husband is fine. How can you say he's dead right away?"

  "Go! You are not welcome here!" Li Mumu stood up and raised his hand to point outside.

  Mother Li rolled her eyes a few times and thought that Li Mumu was really cunning.

  It was common knowledge among the people nearby that Gu Shangqing was dead.

  It was obviously the fact, but Li Mumu refused to admit it at this time.

  He must be trying to use this to drive them out so that they won't have the chance to ask for the secret recipe.

  "Mumu, what's wrong with you?" Li's mother said with a worried look on her face, "Zhang Erzhu from your village told you about Shangqing, didn't he? I know this incident has hit you hard, but you can't deny it."

  "Mother-in-law!" Mother Gu shouted with a cold face, "You know that this is a big blow to us, but you keep mentioning it. What do you mean? Are you coming here on purpose to stab us and add salt to our wounds?"

  "No...that's not what I meant." Mother Li hurriedly explained.

  "Third Uncle is not dead!" Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin suddenly rushed out.

  The two brothers were furious and shook hands.

  He was shaking all over with his little fists.

  Gu Xiuxiu couldn't stop him.

  "Bai Yuan! Bai Jin!" Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping hurried over and picked up the two children.

  Gu Xiuxiu raised her head and said anxiously, "Mom, Second Aunt, I...I didn't hold them back."

  "It's not your fault." Wang Cuizhen touched Gu Xiuxiu's head to comfort her.

  "Yes, you did a great job." Zhang Caiping also said.

  The two were influenced by Li Mumu. They heard Li Mumu say all day long that daughters are as good as sons, and that daughters are sensible and caring.