Chapter 11: Hateful Face

Mother Gu's face turned cold because of these gossips, and she said to Li Mumu: "Don't pay attention to these words, we live our own lives and know it ourselves."

  Li Mumu teaches her children at home every day and hardly ever goes out. How could she be restless?

  She is indeed much more beautiful than when she first got married.

  But Gu's mother thought that it must be because Li Mumu did not have a good life in her mother's home.

  She even had to learn to read and write in secret, not daring to let her family know. This shows her situation at home.

  When I came home, I drank the same water and ate the same food as them every day.

  The whole family watches what Li Mumu does in her daily life. The fact that she has become more beautiful can only be attributed to the fact that she lives more comfortably here.

After Li Mumu came to the Gu family, she got along very well with them. She didn't fight or compete for anything and even researched delicious food to cook for them.

  The most obvious change is in the children.

  Gu Xiuxiu was originally very introverted and easily shy.

  I feel embarrassed to talk too much even to my family members.

  In the village, she was often teased for being shy and quiet, and she just blushed but didn't know how to respond.

  But after learning to read and write with Li Mumu, it was obvious that Gu Xiuxiu's personality had become much more generous.

  He speaks a lot louder and is braver in expressing himself, and he can even help discipline his two younger brothers.

  Not to mention Gu Baiyuan.

  Because except Gu Shangqing, no one else in the Gu family has ever been to school and knows nothing about learning.

  Originally, Gu Baiyuan always seemed to be in a bad mood every time he came back from school.

  They just thought that Gu Baiyuan was too tired and under too much pressure from studying.

  But now that he is studying with Li Mumu, the adults at home can hear Gu Baiyuan reading aloud.

  When Li Mumu tested him on reciting something, Gu Baiyuan recited it very fluently without any stumbling.

  It can be seen that he really studied hard.

  Not only has he become a better student, he also laughs more than before and looks happy every day.

  Even Gu Baijin, because he was still young and his attention was not focused enough, Li Mumu did not force him to learn much. From time to time, he would blurt out a line or two of poetry, which was really surprising.

  The most important thing is that none of this costs money.

  !

  Study at home for free!

  The adults in the Gu family know how the children are doing in their studies every day. They can feel at ease knowing that they can hear the sound of their children reading.

  There is no need to worry about spending money and your children not studying hard.

  After finishing school, the three siblings would follow Li Mumu to the foot of the back mountain to play, dig wild vegetables, pick fruits and so on.