Chapter 24: There is a Fixed Stall

"This is spicy chili made from dogwood." Li Mumu opened the small earthenware jar containing the chili. "Put a little in it first, depending on your tolerance. If you think you can accept it and like it, you can try putting more."

  Li Mumu served each person a small bowl, scooped some soup and added some marinade.

  Mother Gu tasted the original flavor first, "Delicious, this soup is so fragrant!"

  "The soup is made from the pork bone soup we made," Li Mumu said. "If it was just ordinary hot water, it would lack some flavor."

  "Mom, please add some chili and try it." Li Mumu said.

  "Okay." Gu's mother tried to dip a little bit of the edge into the soup with a spoon, tasted it, and was immediately surprised, "It's really different with the addition of spicy food!"

  "I think I can eat it even spicier!" Mother Gu put a little more this time. Her face turned slightly red as she ate it. She breathed a sigh of relief, "It's really delicious."

  Others also added chili.

  Gu Xiuxiu added a little bit. She had never eaten anything spicy before. It tasted delicious and spicy, but the hotter it was, the more she wanted to eat it.

  Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin saw that everyone was eating spicy food and started to feel greedy too.

  But Li Mumu was worried that the two were too young to accept it, so she used the tip of her chopsticks to dip a little into the soup for them.

  There was almost no trace of it, just a drop of red oil floating on the surface of the soup.

  But the two little ones were already very happy. They felt that they were the same as the adults and ate with a lot of gusto.

  "Delicious!" Gu Baiyuan said crisply.

  "It's delicious!" Gu Baijin imitated what he said.

  "So are we going to sell hot and sour noodles tomorrow?" Wang Cuizhen asked expectantly.

  "There is a problem now. If we sell hot and sour noodles, we can't pack them up for customers to take away." Li Mumu said, "Unless customers bring their own bowls, or we provide them and let them eat on the spot. If we provide them, I'm afraid we don't have that many bowls."

  "In addition, if customers eat on site, even if there are no tables, chairs or benches, they should at least have a place to sit," said Li Mumu. "Hot and sour noodles taste best when they are hot, but if the bowl is too hot, the customer may not be able to hold it."

  "Hey! If we have a

  The shop will be fine." Zhang Caiping frowned and sighed worriedly.

  "I've seen tea and noodle stalls in town, all of which are set up outdoors. I've asked around before, and they require registration with the government. You choose a spot, pay rent, and you can set up your stall. You only need to pay 300 coins a month in rent."

  "That's easy. We just need to rent a stall." Zhang Caiping said, "After deducting the cost, we can earn about 250 wen a day. The monthly rent is 300 wen, which is still quite cheap."

  "Mom, what do you think?" Li Mumu asked Gu's mother.

  Mother Gu smiled and said, "This is your business, you decide what to do. When you run a business, you have to expand it. You can't just run a mobile stall for the rest of your life. Now that we have a fixed stall, maybe we can open a restaurant in the future."

  This is support.

  Li Mumu admired Gu's mother's foresight very much. Even in modern times, with family conditions like Gu's, there are probably few parents who would support their children in doing business, especially supporting their daughter-in-law in doing business.

  So Li Mumu discussed with Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping and decided not to sell the hot and sour noodles tomorrow. After selling the offal, they would go to the government to register and pay the rent.

  "In that case, we have to prepare dishes, chopsticks, tables and chairs." Mother Gu said, "In this case, there will be a lot of things to carry to and from the town. Let Shang Yong and Shang Wei take you there. When the time is almost over, let them pick you up."

  "As for bowls and chopsticks, I want to go to Zhenweilou in our town to ask." Li Mumu said, "Zhenweilou is the largest restaurant in our town. They are very particular. They won't use old bowls and chopsticks if they have cracks. I'll ask them if they have such defective bowls and chopsticks and if they can sell them to us at a low price."

  "That's right!" Zhang Caiping slapped her thigh, "You're really smart!"

  "As for the tables, chairs and benches, we don't need to get the best ones. I see that the tables, chairs and benches at those stalls are all worn-out." Wang Cuizhen said.

  "That's easy." Father Gu said, "I'll go find Carpenter Lin. He's a carpenter and usually has a lot of leftovers that he doesn't use. I'll buy some from him at a low price. I'll make things like tables, chairs, and stools for you."

  "Dad, we don't need too many. Two or three tables are enough." Li Mumu said, "We are a small business, so we won't have too many customers. 300 Wen

  The rent is not big. And the hot and sour noodles are eaten quickly, and the turnover rate is high. The weather is getting colder, and people may not be able to sit for long. "

  "Okay." Father Gu nodded.

  The next day, Li Mumu and the other two went to the town, and after selling the braised food, they split up.

  Li Mumu is good at speaking, so she went to Zhenweilou to discuss buying back the defective bowls and chopsticks.

  Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping went to the government to register and rent a stall.

  As for Li Mumu, after she came to Zhenweilou and explained her purpose, the waiter was unable to make a decision, so he called the boss over.

  "You are the proprietress of Gu's Snacks, right?" Boss Zhao said with a smile.

  Li Mumu didn't expect that the owner of Zhenweilou would pay attention to her snack stand.

  "You're welcome. It's an honor that our snack stand has caught your eye." Li Mumu said with a smile.

  "Everyone in our town knows that your snack stand is doing well." Boss Zhao said with a smile, "We may even be competitors in the future."

  Li Mumu waved her hands quickly, "We are just ordinary farmers, making some cheap things. How can our things compare to those of Zhenweilou?"

  The boss seemed quite satisfied with Li Mumu's answer and smiled, "I heard from the waiter that you want to buy the defective bowls from our store?"

  "I heard that Zhenwei Restaurant is particular about not using bowls with chips or chopsticks that are old." Li Mumu said embarrassedly, "We are a small business and we don't have the money to buy so many bowls, so I'm asking you, can you sell us the bowls and chopsticks that we don't use at a lower price?"

  "We set up a stall on the street. I think the customers who come to eat our snacks won't mind if the bowls and chopsticks are old." As long as they are clean, it's fine.

  "That's no problem. We'll just throw it away anyway even if we don't use it. You don't need to pay for it. We'll give you as much as you want." Boss Zhao said readily.

  "No, no." Li Mumu waved her hands repeatedly. "Although we are a small business, there is no reason for us to take advantage of you. Besides, if the bowl is broken in the future and needs to be replaced, can I still ask you for it?"

  "Please give me a price. If we need it in the future, we will have the nerve to come to you to buy it." Li Mumu said.

  Boss Zhao didn't expect that Li Mumu was so clear-headed.