Chapter 42: Helper

"Originally, you alone cannot spend as much as Li Youcai's family of three. Mother should at least give you some so that you can spend it." Li Mumu said.

  "Actually...actually, I have thought about going out to find a job," Li Youkang said. "When I make money, I will give some to my family and keep some for myself."

  "Sister, don't talk about me." Li Youkang said with a smile, "You don't have to worry about me, I'm fine. On the contrary, you have changed a lot since you were at home. But this change is good, which shows that you are living a good life in Gu's family."

  Li Mumu looked at Li Youkang's clothes and found that there were many patches on the holes, and there must be even more inconspicuous and easily worn places.

  Although the Gu family was not wealthy before, they always dressed modestly.

  Moreover, the Gu family are all hardworking people. The men in the Gu family work in the fields and are so diligent that they would like to plow the fields twice a day.

  The women of the Gu family also washed their clothes cleanly.

  Although the clothes worn by the Gu family were all made of coarse cloth and even turned pale due to frequent washing, they still looked clean and tidy.

  Even if the clothes are torn, be careful not to leave obvious patches.

  But Li Mumu remembered that when she saw Li Youcai and Zhang today, they didn't have any patches on their bodies.

  Li Mumu asked Li Youkang, "You know I'm running a snack stand now, and business is pretty good. Would you like to follow me?"

  Li Youkang's eyes lit up, he was surprised and happy, but he soon calmed down, waved his hands and shook his head and said, "No, no, you are not doing business alone, you have your sister-in-law and second sister-in-law with you. If you want me to follow you, I will definitely be happy, but it will not be good for you. Even if the Gu family agrees, I am afraid they will mind this matter."

  "As long as you are happy with it." Li Mumu said, "Actually, this idea didn't come to me suddenly."

  "We are now selling more and more things at our snack stand, and we will add more varieties in the future. Even now, we need our eldest and second brothers to take turns to help us push the cart to deliver goods to the town. But they also have to take care of the work in the fields." Li Mumu explained, "I will definitely not be satisfied with just opening a snack stand. As the business grows bigger, we will have to hire more people."

  "But now, I need a trustworthy person to help me. If you can get started now, you will be able to take on greater responsibilities when you open a restaurant in the future." Li Mumu said

  "In this way, the eldest and second brothers can focus on the family work, and we can each do our own job."

  Li Youkang scratched his head and said, "I am happy to do it, but I don't want to embarrass you."

  "I have a plan in mind. I won't embarrass myself or the Gu family." Li Mumu said with a smile, "Let's go and discuss it with the eldest sister-in-law and the second sister-in-law."

  Li Youkang nodded, but he was still nervous, afraid that the Gu family would be unhappy. However, considering Li Mumu, he had to agree.

  But even so, there is still some grudge in his heart, and over time, a rift will develop between him and Li Mumu.

  Li Mumu brought Li Youkang back to the house. When Gu's mother saw them, she asked, "You finished so soon?"

  "Mom, I have something to discuss with you." Li Mumu said.

  "What's the matter?" asked Mother Gu in confusion.

  "It's like this, I want Youkang to come to the snack stand to help." Li Mumu said.

  "That's all. It's nothing." Wang Cuizhen said with a smile, "It's just right. If Youkang comes to help, we don't need your elder brother and second brother to take turns to send us off."

  Li Mumu smiled and said, "That's what I thought. My elder and second brothers still have farm work to do, and it takes a lot of time to go back and forth."

  "Moreover, as our business grows, the things we have to transport to town every day will probably increase. It's not a good idea to ask the eldest and second brothers to take turns delivering the things," said Li Mumu.

  "Besides, I'm not afraid of you laughing at me. You Kang is so old, but he still has no money. He is the one who does the work in my mother's fields, but all the money he earns goes into the pockets of my mother and my eldest brother and his wife. He has no money at all." Li Mumu said.

  "Just as he cares about me, no one in my family cares about him, so only I, as his sister, can care about him," said Li Mumu.

  Mother Gu sighed, thinking that Li Youkang was also a poor child.

  But it's hard to say this.

  After all, they are Li Youkang's biological parents.

  "Here's what I thought. Youkang will go to the stall to help. He will come here every day to transport our goods to the town, and he will also deliver them back when the stall is closed. When the customers finish using the hot and sour noodles and other dishes, Youkang will also clean up the tables and dishes."

  Wang Cuizhen nodded, "That's good. Originally, only we

  There are three of us. I am responsible for maintaining order and tidying up the tables and chairs, Mumu is responsible for selling snacks, and Caiping is responsible for collecting money. When one of us is free, we go to help out, serve food, wipe the table, clean up the dishes, and wash the dishes. It's really a bit tiring to be busy."

  "As for Youkang's salary, I'll pay for it." Li Mumu said, "Youkang, I'll give you 150 coins a month, is that okay?"

  Li Youkang didn't expect Li Mumu to give him so much.

  I was worried that the Gu family would have some resentment.

  But now after hearing Li Mumu's detailed plan, he realized that Li Mumu was using her own earnings to subsidize him.

  He did not let other members of the Gu family suffer any loss. He thought to himself that it was no wonder that Li Mumu was so confident that the Gu family would agree and have no objections.

  "Sister, 150 is too much." Li Youkang said, "It's good enough that I can work with you. Just give me 70 or 80 cents."

  "I'm giving you a fair price. Even hard laborers in town earn more than 100 coins a month. If you do this kind of work, and if the stall suddenly runs out of something, you'll be asked to come back and get it, or go buy it. Your work is not less than that, and 150 coins is a reasonable wage."

  "Yes, we have been doing business in the town for a while now, and we know how much we should pay you." Zhang Caiping said, "Your sister didn't give you more just because you are her brother, so don't feel embarrassed."

  "But Mumu, it's not appropriate to pay this money from your income. Let's deduct it from our costs." Zhang Caiping said, "Didn't we originally plan to hire a clerk?"

  The three of them are really too busy.

  Occasionally, they would suddenly realize that something was missing, but the three of them were so busy that no one could leave, so they had to make do with it.

  They always thought that it would be nice to have a helper.

  But they also have some concerns. One is that they are also a small business, and if they hire one more person, they will earn less.

  Now that they can still hold on, they want to hold on for a while and spend as little as possible.

  Another point is that they are worried about not being able to find reliable partners, and those who are sneaky and cunning make them angry enough every day.

  Now I see that Li Youkang is indeed a good person.