Chapter 33: Poor Gu Family, the Old Man Sends the Young Man Away

Mother Gu's eyes went dark and she fell backwards.

  "Mom!" Gu Shangwei and Gu Shangyong resisted the urge to collapse and supported their mother.

  When Gu's father was staggering and about to fall, Gu Shangwei saw that Gu Shangyong had already supported Gu's mother, so he hurried to support Gu's father.

  Li Mumu knew it was fake.

  Gu Shangqing cannot die, he will be saved by the heroine.

  Even if her traveling through the book may cause the original wife's story trajectory to change, she has not had any intersection with Gu Shangqing and the heroine until now, so she should not affect the fate of the male and female protagonists.

  Li Mumu asked, "But Aunt Li, Wang, and Tiedan's mother said that you only said that my husband was missing, but did not say that he was dead."

  "I'm sorry, I'm not saying you're lying." Li Mumu said, "I just think it's a little different from what I heard, so I want to verify it with you."

  "I understand." Zhang Erzhu didn't take it to heart.

  He really didn't lie. He really went to inquire about it, and the result he found out was that Gu Shangqing was dead.

  What he didn't know was that this was just a strategy discussed by General Shang, Zhu Yaoming and others.

  Gu Shangqing did not return to the military camp directly with the secret letter.

  He was ambushed on the way and therefore suspected there was a spy in the army.

  So according to the signal agreed upon with General Shang in advance, General Shang was informed that he had returned safely.

  After General Shang took the secret letter, in order to avoid alerting the Turks, he spread the rumor that Gu Shangqing died on the way to a mission.

  Let Gu Shangqing recuperate outside for the time being.

  Only after destroying the Turkic plan and winning the battle did they bring Gu Shangqing, who had not yet recovered from his injuries, back to the army.

  The military camp is quite some distance away from Yong'an Village.

  Gu Shangqing returned to the army after Zhang Erzhu left the barracks.

  Therefore, he only knew the first half but not the rest.

  Fortunately, Zhang Erzhu was just a low-ranking soldier in the army.

  Naturally, his inquiry into Gu Shangqing's life and death also reached General Shang's ears.

  To be on the safe side, I decided to investigate him thoroughly secretly.

  I am sure that he is not a suspect and I am just worried about Gu Shangqing's situation.

  Otherwise, Zhang Erzhu would probably be caught and taken back to the military camp on the way.

  "I just entered the village.

  I met Aunt Li, Wang, and Tiedan's mother. "Zhang Erzhu explained, "They asked me about the loss of my leg. To this day, I still haven't completely accepted it. I had calmed down a little, but they brought up the sad things again, and I told them about the disappearance of Brother Gu San."

  "Then I came to my senses. I thought that Aunt Li and the other two were notorious gossipers in our village. They spread rumors everywhere and often exaggerated." Zhang Erzhu said, "So after I came to my senses, I didn't continue talking. I only talked about the disappearance of the third brother Gu."