Chapter 144: What Can You Do To Me If You Say This?

"If they had told us the truth earlier, we could have thought of other solutions for them. But now, it's been easily resolved. Even if these two people cause trouble again, it's hard for others to believe it."

"Where are they now?" Su Zhier asked Li Lai.

"I saw that they were more likely to cause trouble than to accomplish anything. Since the plan had been disrupted and this thing was not going to work, I hurried back." Li Lai explained, "In order to avoid being seen with them and suspecting the girl."

"Besides, you brought them here to do something. But now they haven't finished their work, so you have no obligation to send them back." Li Lai said, "Let these two figure out how to go back."

Su Zhier smiled and praised: "You are right. You handled this matter well."

Su Zhier took out a few taels of silver and gave them to Li Lai, "This is a reward for you. Be smart. You will definitely get benefits when you work for me in the future."

Li Lai happily took it, "Thank you, Miss."

Here, the crowd was still comforting Li Youkang, "Manager Li, don't worry. We all saw clearly what happened today. Although there is a saying that there are no parents who are not wrong. But this also depends on the person."

"We all know now that you are a man of integrity."

Li Youkang: "Yes, and if I didn't know what kind of people my parents are, I wouldn't even keep a record and ask for fingerprints when I give them money." It's really helpless to think about it.

"Yeah, it's a good thing you were careful, otherwise you would be in big trouble today."

Although the customers who were dining in the restaurant did not come out, they could sit inside and watch the fun, which was much more comfortable than watching from outside.

At this time, there were also customers inside the store shouting to the outside: "Yes, Shopkeeper Li, don't worry, it will definitely not affect your store's business. This matter is your parents' fault."

After that, the man added, "I'm sorry to say that about your parents."

Li Youkang could only bow helplessly.

"I'll go look for my parents first. I wonder what they are looking at over there." Li Youkang said.

"Alas, it's not easy for you to have such parents and you can't just ignore them." Someone shook his head.

Li Youkang smiled bitterly, "They are far away in Yongning Town, and they are usually very frugal. But this time they are willing to spend so much money to go to Chong'an. It is indeed strange."

After saying this, Li Youkang went to look for his father and mother.

Among the crowd that stayed to watch, someone reacted faster and suddenly said, "I'm afraid someone is deliberately doing something bad and specifically looking for Manager Li's parents to embarrass them."

"Who is so bad?"

"The Gu family has only been here for a short time, how could they offend the people of Chong'an?"

"Is there someone who is jealous of Gu's snack business?"

There are all kinds of speculations, but basically everyone believes that someone deliberately did something bad.

Before Li Youkang could reach Li's father and mother, they were stopped by two men.

He knew those two people; they were Gu Shangqing's subordinates.

Therefore Li Youkang was not worried.

But Mr. and Mrs. Li were shocked. "What are you doing?"

"Dad, Mom." Li Youkang came over and called out, "Brother Zhang, Brother Li."

Hearing his voice, Li's mother seemed to be stimulated, "How dare you come to us!"

Li's mother screamed and wanted to beat Li Youkang.

But Li's mother had no chance to meet Li Youkang and was stopped by two subordinates of Gu Shangqing.

"Who are you? Why are you stopping us?" Li's mother yelled angrily.

"They are soldiers fighting for the Great Xi Kingdom." Li Youkang said, "Mom, you can't be rude to them."

"You!" Li's mother didn't understand these things. She got scared when Li Youkang said that.

"You two probably can't find the person who brought you here." Zhang Zhiyuan, one of Gu Shangqing's subordinates, said, "The general specially ordered us to take you home."

"General? What general?" Li's mother didn't react for a moment.

"Has mother forgotten? My brother-in-law is now a general of the sixth rank." Li Youkang said.

The sixth rank might not be a very high rank in Chong'an, but in the eyes of Li's father and mother, it was already remarkable enough.

The two almost forgot that Li Mumu is not easy to mess with now.

Li Mumu was not easy to deal with before, and now that she has become the general's wife, they are afraid that they can do nothing to Li Mumu.

"Do you two still want to stay here and continue looking for the person who brought you here?" asked Li Jingzhong, another subordinate of Gu Shangqing.

Li's father and mother looked around unwillingly, but still couldn't find  Li Lai's figure.

If they were asked to rent a carriage to go back, they would be absolutely reluctant to do so.

So the two of them got on the carriage.

But as soon as she got into the carriage, Li's mother was stunned, "You!"

"Mom." Li Mumu, who had been sitting in the carriage, called out softly, and then called out to Li's father who came up later, "Dad."

"You knew we were outside, but you didn't even come down to meet us." Li's mother accused, "You are so arrogant now! You even want us, your parents, to come to the car to meet you!"

"Mom, you don't have to tell me this." Li Mumu said, "Look, what can you do to me by saying this?"

"You! You've really become too powerful now!" Li's mother said angrily.

"No need to say that." Li Mumu said, "You are far away in Yongning Village. It is not easy to come here. Who brought you here?"

"No need to hide it, you were just looking for someone." Li Mumu said, "Obviously, the other party told you that we opened a restaurant here and told you that we made a lot of money. You wanted to ask for money, thinking that as long as you say we are unfilial, we will be scared and give you money, right?"

"Otherwise, you don't have the ability or the courage to come to such a far place." Li Mumu said, "However, money can make people's hearts move. You dare to believe what a stranger said so easily. Follow him here, and you are not afraid of any accidents on the way."

From the beginning, Mr. and Mrs. Li were blinded by the money and had no time to think so much.

It was not until I came out with Li Lai and was halfway there that I started to get scared, but it was too late by then.

Fortunately, Li Lai was not a murderer for money. He really brought them to Chong'an and met Li Youkang.

But now I don't know where Li Lai has gone.

"You probably didn't do what he wanted you to do, so he thought you were no longer useful and left. He was too lazy to send you back. As for how you get back and whether you will end up homeless in Chong'an, it has nothing to do with him."

Mother Li subconsciously asked, "How do you know this? Did you have someone follow us?"

Why did Li Mumu sound like she had seen it with her own eyes?

"I didn't even know you were coming today, how could I follow you?" Li Mumu laughed, "It's just that this matter is very easy to analyze."