Chapter 85: This is Really Fate

Li Mumu nodded, "Of course."

  Since Gu Shangqing took the initiative to bring up that matter, Li Mumu asked, "You left on your own that day. Was everything going well on your way back? Did you not... give up or something?"

  Li Mumu was curious, did Gu Shangqing meet the heroine again after leaving?

  Gu Shangqing shook his head, his face full of confusion, "No, you stopped my bleeding that day. Although the injury was serious, it was enough to support me to return to the barracks."

  Gu Shangqing asked with a strange look on his face: "What's wrong?"

  "No." Li Mumu made an excuse, "I'm just worried that something might happen on your way back."

  However, Li Mumu thought that since Gu Shangqing hadn't told anyone that she had saved him, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't hide the fact that he had met the heroine as well.

  But Li Mumu still asked again, "Apart from that time, have you been injured before?"

  Gu Shangqing's heart moved, and his eyes became gentle.

  My wife is concerned about him.

  Gu Shangqing smiled softly and explained, "After all, I am in the army, fighting on the battlefield, how can I not get hurt?"

  "However, they are just superficial injuries and will be treated by military doctors. You don't have to worry." Gu Shangqing said.

  Li Mumu thought, am I worried about this?

  I just want to know if you have ever met the heroine.

  Why is it so difficult to get something out of Gu Shangqing?

  While they were talking, they had already arrived at the entrance of Gu's Snack Shop.

  Li Mumu pointed at the door and said, "This is it."

  Gu Shangqing nodded and walked in first.

  Zhang Caiping was busy calculating bills at the counter. When she heard the bell at the door, she didn't even bother to look up. "Welcome. How many people are there?"

  This idea was suggested by Li Mumu. A small bell was tied to the top of the door frame. Whenever a guest opened the door and came in, the bell would ring, letting people know that a guest had arrived.

  No need to stare at the door all the time.

  The rest of the time, just do whatever you need to do.

  After not hearing the other party speak for a long time, Zhang Caiping made the last entry in the account book, looked up with a questioning look, but froze there.

  Zhang Caiping didn't say anything, tears suddenly burst out of her eyes, and she cried out: "Husband! Brother, sister-in-law! You...you come quickly!"

  "What's wrong?" Gu Shangwei held a rolling pin and rushed out.

  When I heard Zhang Caiping crying, I thought something had happened and she was being bullied.

  When he came out, he saw Zhang Caiping first, but she was standing behind the counter. Nothing was wrong, she was just crying and looking forward.

  "Who is bullying y..." Gu Shangwei turned his head. The rolling pin fell to the ground with a bang and rolled a short distance.

  Gu Shangyong and Wang Cuizhen followed closely behind, standing there in a daze.