Chapter 17: Setting Up a Stall

"These are convenient to eat whether cold or hot. Let's just take a pot and sell them tomorrow." Li Mumu said, "Wrap them in lotus leaves and let people take them away. Five cents a pound."

"This is much cheaper than meat," Zhang Caiping said. "The butcher's stall in our town charges eight cents for a pound of meat, and it's raw meat, so you have to cook it yourself when you get home. What about this? We've braised it, and it only costs five cents. The most important thing is that it tastes good, even better than meat."

"The main reason is that our costs are low, and our target customers are ordinary people in the town. They don't need to spend a lot of money to eat a big portion of meat." Li Mumu said.

  "Okay, then I'll go to town with you tomorrow." Wang Cuizhen said.

  "I'm going too!" Zhang Caiping was afraid that she would be left behind.

  Li Mumu agreed with a smile. Gu's mother asked, "Do we need to give the stall a name? Since we will be selling in the town in the future, we hope that repeat customers will come to us."

  "I've thought of it, let's call it Gujia Snacks." Li Mumu said, "Now we only make these stewed dishes. When we make money and have money to buy other things, we can add a few more varieties."

  "Besides, sewage is cheap, but it is difficult to clean. If our products sell really well, it is inevitable that some people will follow our example. After all, the cost is too low and it is easy to learn. By then, our competitiveness will not be so great, and we will have to sell other things appropriately." Li Mumu did not plan to buy only these braised foods for the rest of her life.

  "We haven't even started selling yet, and you're thinking we can make braised food a big hit." Wang Cuizhen doesn't have that much confidence in doing business.

  "It's better to take precautionary measures." Li Mumu said with a smile.

  After deciding on the name, Gu's mother found some cloth and planned to sew a sign.

  Gu Baiyuan was asked to write these four words, and Gu's mother sewed the signboard accordingly.

  Near noon the next day, Li Mumu followed Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping to the town, carrying a pot of freshly heated braised food.

  The three of them set up a simple small table, and the braised food in the pot was still hot.

  As soon as Li Mumu opened the pot, the fragrance spread out along with the hot steam.

  "What's that smell? It's so fragrant?" Passersby couldn't help but look over after smelling the aroma.

  Li Mumu took a piece of each from the pot and cut off a small portion.

  Then cut this small portion into small pieces the size of a fingertip and place them on a plate.

  "Braised food, 5 cents a pound, welcome to try it

  Taste it." Li Mumu shouted with a smile.

  "Five cents a pound?" A man in green was immediately attracted and said, "I see this is meat. Five cents a pound? It can't be bad meat, right?"

  "It's not bad meat. To be honest, these are pig hearts, pig livers, pig stomachs, pig lungs and pig large intestines. I cleaned them carefully and braised them." Li Mumu said, "There are free samples here, you can try them."

  "Pig offal." The other party showed a little disgust.

  "Don't think that pig offal is bad just because you hear it's called that. It actually has a different flavor." Li Mumu said quickly, "Besides, not everyone can afford meat. It's so expensive. Pig offal is also meat, and it's greasy when you bite it. I've cleaned it very well, so don't worry."