Chapter 61: Vicious

"Li Mumu, it's Li Mumu!"

  "Li Mumu is here."

  Everyone's eyes fell on Li Mumu.

  As soon as she returned to the village, she met Erzhu Niang.

  Erzhu's mother told her the rumors in the village, saying that Gu's mother came to settle accounts with Zheng Ansheng.

  Li Mumu dropped her things and hurried over.

  While no one was paying attention, Li Mumu secretly gave Li Youkang a wink.

  Li Youkang nodded, secretly blended into the crowd, and did not stand with Li Mumu.

  Li Mumu walked up, touched Gu Xiuxiu's head, and smiled at her, "Well done."

  Gu Xiuxiu was praised by Li Mumu, her face blushed but she became even happier.

  "Protect Bai Yuan and Bai Jin." Li Mumu instructed Gu Xiuxiu.

  Gu Xiuxiu nodded heavily, not forgetting to hold Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin's hands tightly.

  "Mom." Li Mumu stepped forward and took Mother Gu's hand, "I made you angry because of me."

  Mother Gu shook her head. "It's all because of these heartless people who want to drive you to death!"

  Mother Gu looked at Tiedan's mother, "Just now I told you that you and Zheng Ansheng are together all the time, and you reacted so strongly, making a scene. But you talk about my daughter-in-law every day, why don't you think about what will happen to my daughter-in-law! If anything happens to her, you, all of you, are murderers!"

  Li Mumu calmed down Mother Gu and asked Zheng Ansheng again, "What day is it? Tell me."

  When Zheng Ansheng saw Li Mumu, he felt inexplicably guilty and said, "It was... three days ago."

  "What did the man you met three days ago look like?" Li Mumu asked calmly.

  "I didn't see him, I just saw him from a distance. I only saw your face, not his face." Zheng Ansheng said.

  "Even if you didn't see his face, you must have seen his figure, right? How tall is he? Is he fat or thin? What color clothes was he wearing?" Li Mumu asked one after another.

  This was all made up by Zheng Ansheng, how could he have said this?

  But now more and more villagers have come to watch the fun, and Zheng Ansheng absolutely cannot admit his mistake.

  In his anxiety, he suddenly thought of the first time he met Li Mumu, when she was walking with the Gu family.

  At that time there happened to be a

  A strange man walked beside Li Mumu.

  She looks about the same age as Li Mumu.

  The man looked unfamiliar and was not from this village.

  Zheng Ansheng then measured a man who was about half a head shorter than himself according to his recollection of Li Youkang and said, "He was about this tall, a little thinner than me, and he was wearing gray-blue clothes that day."

  After saying this, Zheng Ansheng happened to catch a glimpse of Li Youkang in the crowd.

  Zheng Ansheng's eyes lit up and he immediately pointed at Li Youkang, "It's him! It's him!"

  Mother Gu was surprised that Zheng Ansheng could actually find someone?

  Of course she didn't believe what Zheng Ansheng said, which made her even more surprised.

  Following the direction of Zheng Ansheng's finger, Zheng's mother couldn't help but look at the strange expression on her face.

  Zheng Ansheng didn't know Li Youkang. They probably went to help Li Youkang clean up the house that day and were seen by Zheng Ansheng on the way home. Zheng Ansheng couldn't find the man he made up for a while, and then he happened to see Li Youkang and pointed him out.

  Zheng Ansheng probably thought that after something like this happened, Li Youkang wouldn't be able to explain himself even if he had a mouth.

  "What else do you have to say now?" Zheng Ansheng looked at Li Mumu proudly.

  Li Youkang slowly walked out of the crowd at this time and asked with a strange look: "Are you sure?"

  "Of course I am sure!" Zheng Ansheng insisted, extremely confident.

  Li Youkang then asked, "So what did you see me and... Li Mumu doing at that time?"

  Zheng Ansheng pointed at Li Youkang and was furious: "You are so shameless that you even want me to say it out loud!"

  "You two, a man and a woman, think there is no one in the mountains. What good things can you do in the mountains?" Zheng Ansheng shouted, "You have the nerve to do it, but I don't even have the face to say anything."

  Li Youkang said slowly: "But, I am Li Mumu's younger brother, my biological brother."

  "My dear brother again..." Zheng Ansheng didn't react at first, and had half of his words out before he finally reacted. He looked at Li Youkang in astonishment, then at Li Mumu, "Wha...what?"

  "I'm Li Mumu's biological brother, Li Youkang." Li Youkang said, "What can my sister and I do?"

  "You just want to find someone to frame, but you don't even ask around beforehand?" Li Youkang said coldly.

  Zheng Ansheng

  His anxious eyes kept looking left and right, and suddenly he said, "I remember, it's not you, it's someone else!"

  "Just now, you said with absolute certainty that it was me." Li Youkang said, "Who do you want to talk about now?"

  "Zheng Ansheng!" Mother Gu's eyes turned red with anger, pointing at Zheng Ansheng, "A woman's reputation is so important, and you just made up a story to kill someone! My Mu Mu is a good girl, she just doesn't want to pay attention to you, but you made up a story to force her to death! How can you be so vicious!"

  Zheng Ansheng's face changed. "What nonsense are you talking about! What...what do you mean you don't want to pay attention to me!"

  Li Youkang said coldly, "I have been working at my sister's snack stand. I was not in Yong'an Village at the time you said I went up the mountain. But it happened that my sister went up the mountain to collect things that day, and she happened to meet you. My sister didn't want to be misunderstood by walking with you, but you kept pestering her. My sister threatened to die before you gave up. But you turned around and slandered my sister!"

  After Wang Cuizhen, Zhang Caiping and Li Mumu came back, they heard that Gu's mother came to settle accounts with Zheng Ansheng. Li Mumu came over first with Li Youkang.

  Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping put their things back home before rushing over.

  Just hearing what Li Youkang said, Zhang Caiping sneered: "Zheng Ansheng, don't think I don't know what you are thinking. You saw my brother-in-law passed away and Mu Mu was alone, and you thought she was easy to bully. You also coveted the money she made, thinking that if you married Mu Mu, you could let her support your family, right!"

  "You're talking nonsense!" Zheng Ansheng said angrily.

  Tiedan's mother still hated Gu Xiuxiu and Gu's mother for dragging her into this. At this moment, she rolled her eyes and said, "I think it's your family who really can't bear it! You can't bear to let Li Mumu, who can make money, stay at home and make money for you for nothing."

  Wang Cuizhen said loudly: "Our Mu Mu is young, pretty, kind, and can make money. She is a girl that many families want. We will carefully select a good husband for her."

  Wang Cuizhen paused, her eyes fell on Zheng Ansheng's face, with obvious contempt, "But it's definitely not someone like you, Zheng Ansheng."

  "What's wrong with me?" Zheng Ansheng didn't expect that the Gu family would look down on him. "I was just kindly reminding you to keep an eye on Li Mumu. But you blame me instead! You simply... simply don't know how to appreciate kindness!"