Study Night Took A Turn

A/N: I'm working on a few other stories plus a request I got, so here is some comfort/fluff Nuzi for anyone that may be having a bad day or anxiety, or both, you never know.  As always requests are still open.  If you have one please put it in the first chapter of the book.  Enjoy the fic!

"She needs to study more, her grades are average but if they start to falter then it won't only be her that gets in trouble Mr. Doorman." Were the words echoing in Uzi's head as her and her father Khan left the parent-teacher conference.

"Young lady, you need to stop going to that landing pod of those ignorant murder drones!" Khan exclaimed to his daughter when they entered their apartment dorm. Uzi groaned.

"Dad! Those 'ignorant murder drones' are the ones who helped boost up my grades! They are way better than they were before! The teacher just said that because he wants his stupid end-of-year bonus!" The purple worker fought back. But her father stood his ground.

"Your teacher wouldn't do that. It's against policy to make it seem that bad! You need to stop using excuses and start studying more. What would your mother think if she were alive?" Khan asked, but little did he know, he had crossed a line. The purple worker was working with the murder drones to uncover more about the solver, something that Uzi now knew her mother was part of. But something like this? To her, that was too much.

"You don't even know what mom was like! You didn't even know what she is! What I am! You have NO right to fight me on that! And if mom was here, something tells me that she would be proud of me for at least trying. Something you obviously are not aware of. Now, I have finals next week, I need to study. If you want to help me then keep your distance." Uzi signed, tears coming out of her visor, while her father stood there shocked. He had some thinking to do.

Uzi sulked to her room and locked the door with the solver. She sat down and went over a brief schedule of the things she needed to study for her exams next week. By the looks of it, she needed about five subjects to study. She was able to get more into the mindset now thanks to N's help in tutoring, but the mistake Uzi made was to get started right away instead of giving herself some time to think.

The purple worker went over the argument in her head with her dad over and over as she worked on math problems. The letters and numbers swirled in her head as she tried to get her dad to believe her. Her father didn't know what Nori was, and he didn't know what Uzi was either. He never made any effort to try and help Uzi out after her mother had passed, instead he became so obsessed with doors, she was an afterthought. He didn't even care about her. This thought seemed to push Uzi over the edge as she broke her pencil in half and started to cry.

N decided to drop by Uzi's place because he remembered her mentioning her finals next week, so he came by to do some stuff with her, and essentially just to provide comfort. He knocked on the door to the Doorman residence, but instead of Uzi opening the door, it was Khan instead.

"I should be mad at you for making my daughter this way. Damned murder drones." The older worker mumbled, this made N a little mad, his visor glitching out, but he knew better than to attack him. N just simply walked past him and into the residence. Leaving Khan a little spooked by the small yet justified action.

The male murder drone tried to open the door to Uzi's angsty place of rest but found it to be locked. He knocked on it lightly.

"Biscuit? I'm here. Can you open the door please?" With those small words, Uzi's door opened a smidge, allowing N to enter, she then shut it behind him quickly again and locked it with her solver once more. The purple worker just stared at N before tightly hugging him. She sobbed.

"My d-dad...I just want him to understand. That's a-all I want N. I-I don't..." Uzi was cut off by N shushing her and patting her head, he picked her up and they both sat on the bed, her head laying against his chest. There wasn't much to be said, N knew him being there was enough. He didn't really have the words but knew enough that Uzi needed support right now. Whatever fight her and her father had was not needed in this moment since she needed to study for finals. This essentially was a big stress inducer for her, that led to her having a reaction.

N quickly grabbed two pairs of headphones and a tablet from Uzi's bedside, putting a pair on her and himself. He then turned on the tablet and turned on an anime for them to watch. Uzi gave N a small little thank you peck on the lips and the two proceeded to watch the anime for a couple of hours. A little while after, Uzi felt better and had N help her with some studying. The two knew what one another needed, and this just happened to be one of those times that silent communication wasn't a bad thing. For a bad day, it sure took a nice turn.

Word Count: 934 words.