When We Met Pt. 1

A/N: Request from @TheMaroonWriter Khan x Nori, this is essentially a story that introduces how the two met in the series and how everything came to be.  This first part is a little short, however I plan to make this a small little three part series, so there is more to come!  Requests are still open for those of you who wanted to perhaps see a ship and/or idea written, just let me know in the first chapter of the book so I can keep track.  Anyways, enjoy the fic!

Nori awoke with her head pounding in the snow. She seemed to have fallen into a hole. Wait, why was she here? How did she end up here? Nori tried to look around her surroundings to find out where she was. All she had seen above her was a lamppost light flying across a cold snowy night. She backed up a little to where the hole she was in faced upwards, seeing a few cabins here and there. That's right, she was working with the labs on...something? The worker was snapped out of her thoughts when another worker hand appeared in front of her, seeming as if it wanted to help her up out of the hole.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" The male worker who helped her out of the hole asked, Nori took a look at him. He had a standard worker unit uniform, except he seemed to be wearing goggles over his head, and a wrench in the other hand. Nori's visor blushed a little and nodded once she was finally on level ground with the male worker.

"Who...are you?" Nori asked, looking into the male workers optics, there was something so captivating about him overall. She felt comfortable, but didn't let herself get too close. She didn't know a single thing about the guy.

"Ah! My name is Khan, me and my team were left to be salvaged from the recent explosion of Copper-9. We are out searching for other worker drones who may be trapped or injured. Also, I think we may have found a friend of yours, she seems to have the same clothing as you do. I believe she said her name was Yeva." The male worker now known as Khan stated. Nori's optics lit up. Yeva survived!

"Can we go to her? Is she alright?" Nori asked, taking a few more steps towards Khan, making his visor blush lightly at Nori's unintentional advance. Khan let out a light chuckle and nodded. He then lowered his hand out to Nori.

"Let me take you to her Miss..." Khan asked, wanting her name.

"Nori. My name is Nori, it's nice to meet you Khan, thank you for saving me." Nori replied, taking his hand. She couldn't help her visor from blushing and core from humming like crazy, but something about this guy seemed so attractive.

A little while later, Khan had taken Nori to their main campgrounds where they were rallying up fellow workers who had survived the explosion. Nori looked around at the people who matched her uniform in particular, each understanding one another silently to not talk about the lab incidents. It's not like she could remember much right now anyways, it would be of no help to bring up something she didn't remember. My programming must be scrambled...

Khan went up to Nori, checking in on how she was doing. She reassured Khan that she was fine, and he continued on with his duties in the distance, with Yeva playfully shoving Nori's shoulder at her new little crush she developed. But she couldn't help it! He was so nice and warm towards her. The realization that all humans on the planet were dead led to a new era of prosperity to the workers. This meant they could do what they wanted, whenever they wanted, how they wanted. This seemed to create a realization in Nori, and she giggled a little, and unbeknownst to her, a small little glitch forming in her eye in that small moment.

A couple of days later passed by and the campgrounds relocated to a new bunker that had begun to be built a little ways away from the labs. It seemed to be a large sector on top of ground that led to stairs going underground to reveal a large city of multiple more sectors underneath. The workers were VERY productive in those past few days, but it was nice to see everyone working together. While handing out in one of the main common rooms in the exterior sector of the bunker, Nori went up to Khan, wanting to have a small discussion with him.

"So, Khan, what will you be doing now that we have all this freedom?" Nori asked, blushing a little, but still making sure to keep her edge on about herself.

"Well, now that the bunker is essentially ready for workers to evolve into, the next step would be to figure out how to protect the building that's above ground form any unwanted intruders if the need arrives. If only there was a way to do that..." Khan plundered in thought, but Nori took this as a little advantage point.

"What if we talked about it over this evening? The two of us?" The female worker asked as she lightly massaged his shoulders, only touching him lightly as to not try and scare him off. Khan's visor blushed. So, she feels the same way? What an attractive woman...

"Hmm, this evening would be great actually! How about you meet me at the top outside of the bunker, there's some pretty good scenery still out there." Khan replied nonchalantly, and Nori giggled a little, leaning forward and tilting her head to the side.

"It's a date~!"

Word Count: 958 words.