Memories

A/N: Request from @MrAmbrose1 V x N.  If you want to see a ship/idea written out then comment it in the first chapter of this book and I'll get back to you.  I appreciate everyone's patience considering I am a full time college student and working.  Anyways, this was a fun one to write and a little angsty, but enjoy the fic!

V rode on the bus next to Lizzy, returning back to the colony after the camping trip. About half the class got eaten alive. Literally. But the thing the female murder drone kept thinking about was how pissed she was at N. In the end, he took Uzi's side, and not hers. She wanted to kill the purple worker, and he didn't. She felt as if in a way, it was a betrayal. She always tried so hard to protect him, and this was how he returned the favor?

After the bus ride, everyone but V stepped out and went inside of the bunker, however, without a word exchanged, V flew away to the landing pod where she could think. Alone. The male murder drone noticed this and told Uzi he'd be back later, soon after following V.

A few minutes later V was sat in the pilot's chair in the main control room. She sat there, just wandering off into space, trying to think and process all of what she had seen happen. The memories were coming back to her, about what Cyn made her do to him. To N.

Nothing but a fucking nightmare...ugh.

She sighed, leaning back in the chair when she heard the door from the pod open, and then close. She didn't need to open her optics to see who it was, but she did anyways. N walked in, taking a few steps towards her, opening his mouth to say something until she went off first.

"Why?" V asked him, a tired look appearing on her visor.

"V, listen I just want to know what's bugging you, why did you want to kill Uzi? We haven't had a reason to."

"N...I...listen, there's nothing wrong, okay? But why, why do you always take HER side? We're teammates! We are supposed to stick together! What? Suddenly with J being gone our whole mission has changed?!" The female murder drone's voice raised a little, making N flinch.

"We don't have to kill Uzi! And our original mission changed when we learned the truth! JcJenson doesn't want us! And I know it has to be more than just Uzi, V. Please tell me what's wrong! N shouted.

"...No..."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"Please?"

"NO! OK? I-I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN!" V sobbed. Her head in her hands, she repeatedly cried, it seemed like this wouldn't be a normal conversation.

N was taken aback in surprise and shock. He took a few steps towards V, and got on his knees, relaxing his arms on her lap. It made her jump a little, but she didn't dare to move. Not one bit. It reminded her of the old times when he'd let her play with his hair.

"V...what do you mean again?" The male murder drone asked, he paid close attention to the detail. V's optics hollowed in the realization of what she had just said, but sighed, admitting defeat.

"N...there are things you don't remember...but I do." She began, N's optics already hollowed. "The...mansion. You were correct. Our master Tessa recovered us from old workers units, and we were reborn. Cyn...one of your old coworkers, took control by what the purple thing is possessed by now. She made me...you..." V choked back a sob.

"Just take your time V. Okay?" N spoke, she nodded. He was surprised by the information, but stayed silent, letting her finish.

"Cyn...infected me with the solver first. Before you, before J...I killed every other worker in that mansion. Even you. I had to deactivate you, I begged Cyn to not do it but...she took over and I...the next thing I had seen was your head decapitated before she killed me herself. I remember the screams...the pain. Everything. I remember FUCKING everything! And it hurts! It hurts so much that I-" She was cut off by N raising himself up and hugging her, rubbing small circles on her back.

V allowed herself to be vulnerable in that moment, letting N hold and comfort her. She sobbed for who knows how long in his arms. There were so many memories she had that she wished he could remember. Their time together, their nights together. Everything. V felt that she lost the N she knew, and didn't know if he'd ever come back to her. And now with Uzi being infected? It only made things somewhat worse.

While she remembered mostly everything, there were memories she couldn't remember, things were still blank in some areas. There were memories that had little gaps in there, missing in some spots. She remembered Cyn, and the pain she felt, but after that? Nothing. The next thing she knew was that she woke up in the pod and took to the personality she has now, trying to cover both her and N's asses to survive.

The two murder drones continued to comfort one another for a few more minutes until N spoke up.

"I know you still have some things against her, but what if Uzi could recover our memories? She had the solver, so she should be able to become an admin, and we can see what's blocking some things from our memories. At least then we could recover something..."

V looked at the male murder drone, unsure, but knew he was trying. He was still the N she knew, just a little different.

"Yeah...okay. Let's go."

Word Count: 969 words.

P.S. sorry if this one was a little short, to the person who requested this, if you want a part 2 just let me know.