Doll's Epiphany Pt. 2

A/N: Request from @BrianGellerPt.2 of Doll x N.  Requests are still open, just comment it in the first chapter so I can keep track.  This is a little spicy one so y'all have fun!

It had been only a couple of months since Doll and N's confession that night outside of the colony. It took her a little while, but Doll was convinced by N to go back into the school sector, returning the to the colony as a whole. She even began to talk to Uzi a little more, becoming one with their group. It turns out that her and the purple worker had a lot more in common than Doll anticipated.

Doll felt a surge of happiness, glad that N convinced her to return, she thought the first day she came back everyone would hate her for ruining prom. But, in good old colony fashion in their world, everyone just seemed to shrug it off and forget. Lizzy however was happy to have her friend back in school. It seemed like everything was fine, even her and N got closer, reaching a dating status, but Doll still had her moments.

The red worker still had trouble with communication and her feelings. She still had problems with socializing here and there, and while mostly everyone did forget, some of the older workers never forgot that night and the supposed 'monster' that Doll was. It gave her nightmares, along with her parents deaths playing over and over. The only thing was that...was revenge worth it now?

It's not like me killing V will solve anything...she was only trying to survive. So, I guess not.

Beforehand, there was a reason for Doll to hate V, close herself off to everyone, focus on her own survival, but now? It was gone. She had N to help her out with her nightmares, he even helped clean her little apartment dorm and give her parents a proper burial. Doll was so caught up in her own survival, she kind of disassociated from reality, making it a bit harder to communicate with others. But that was okay, she was improving bit by bit, day by day. Just like N mentioned, baby steps.

One particular evening however, Doll was currently running some diagnostics on her laptop, huddled up in her bed. Sometimes she had things that could flashback at her, remind her of times she didn't want to remember, lonely night where no one could help her. She didn't have a lot of parental guidance for the second half of her life, and that could sometimes show through events like this. She fell down a small rabbit hole, rediscovering some files from the Cabin Fever Labs, but they had to be processed first in order to be analyzed. She was there for so long, she didn't realize she practically hadn't left her room all day other than attending school earlier.

While walking home, she had overheard some girls talking about how annoying their parents were being to them, punishments, grounding, whatever the works to discipline them. But one little topic did come up, and one little line from a worker made Doll lose it a little.

"As long as my parents are there to hand me off to my future spouse at my wedding, it's all good."

The red worker went home and lost herself in her work, trying to not let the emotions show. No one would ever be there to walk her down the isle if Doll ever did get married one day. It made her realize just how much parents played a role in their child's lives. Doll became lost in thought inside of her room, she didn't even notice N entered until he cuddled up behind her on the bed, making her jump.

"Sorry hun! I didn't mean to scare you, but you seemed like you weren't really there so I wanted to see if you were alright." N remarked, hugging her from behind, the two now lazing back on the bed together, Doll held her boyfriend close. She always felt safe with him.

"I am fine, just, heard a few things today that snapped me back. I'm sorry." Doll apologized, thinking N may be a little mad at her for backtracking her progress a little but he only shook his head and nuzzled himself into her neck.