The Project Pt. 1

A/N: Request from @BrianGeller J x N [Human/Highschool AU].  this is part one of three, enjoy!

J sighed, completely bored in the back of her biology class with V, staring at her freshly done manicure. V had been filing her own nails out of boredom while Mr. Vickers was going on about some stupid project in the front of the classroom. J's attention became drawn towards N, who was asking an immense amount of unnecessary questions.

"He's such a buzzkill, no one wants to do extra work, fucking ass." V muttered, bumping arms with J to get her attention.

"You mean synergistic liability? Agreed." J whispered back, V slumped against her chair.

"I really hope we at least get to choose our partners, you and me like usual?"

"You know it."

Turns out it wasn't that easy, their teacher revealed that they already had assigned partners, posting the pairs on the board. There J saw to her complete and utter horror, she was paired with N. The fucking nerd.

"Fuck me sideways!" The pig-tailed girl groaned, while V laughed.

"Oh shit! Hah! Good luck with him, maybe you'll get lucky and he'll do the whole thing. Just slap your name on it and call it good."

Yeah, something tells me that's not going to work...

J became lost in her thoughts. N was someone she despised, but strangely enough, not for his smarts, in fact she found it impressive the guy knew so much. It was the fact that she couldn't predict him. N was too mature for everyone else in their grade, them being seniors and all. If she couldn't predict his next moves, she couldn't plan her attacks, which was something that scared her.

"Who did you get?" She asked V, who looked to the board real quick, a smirk appearing on her face.

"Lizzy."

"Lucky bitch." J laughed, knowing the blond and her were just going to make out instead of doing the actual project. She turned to her best friend. "Just do some work before you two make out, yeah?"

"J! Oh my god!" V's face flushed in embarrassment. Before anymore could be said, the pig-tailed girl made her way towards the one person she hated in the grade, taking a deep breath before slamming her hands on his desk, getting his attention.

N's head shot up, completely horrified for a split second before realizing who it was. There J stood in her cheer uniform amongst the other mingling students in the background. A black cropped top with a white trim, tightened around her breasts so much that the nerd in question didn't know how she hadn't been dress coded yet, and her skirt just barely covering her ass, all with a yellow leotard underneath. (A/N: Basically like the cheer uniforms Lizy and Doll wear just the colors are switched up a bit.)

"O-Oh...hey J!" N attempted to greet, but her sigh made him flinch back a little.

"Listen, the faster we get this damn project done, the faster I can be done with you. When can you meet after school?" Her question made him a little shocked, but he cleared his throat.

"Well...I mean my parents won't be home today, so if you wanted to get it done pretty much automatically, we could head to my place after school. Just meet me in the front lounge area and we can walk together."

"Walking is to boring, I'll meet you in the front but we'll just take my car. Deal?" J crossed her arms, and N felt his heart skip a beat. Her assertiveness to the situation made him feel a particular throb in his pants, one that caused him to start panicking a little.

No! Bad N! C'mon think...cold showers, dead puppies, gahhh!

"Yep! S-sounds good see you then!" His prayers for the pigtailed girl to walk away were answered and he sighed in relief.

Sure, J was a bully, but surprisingly enough N didn't hate her either. J never directly made fun of him, just whenever she was with V he would overhear their conversations, but even then he noticed how J would try and dodge the subject every so often about him. He blushed, the warm feeling in his chest returning.

Deep down he knew he liked her, but J was this popular, authoritative figure; one that he could never catch up to or keep pace with. He belonged in her background, and for right now that was enough for him.

J on the other hand went to go sit down in her seat, she felt her body shaking a little. N thought he had hid his erection well, but J could tell off the bat he got a boner by just talking to her. There was something about it that made her shiver in delight, something that had never happened before. She's flirted with others before, but with N...it was different. A good different.

Nuh-uh, no way I'm not falling for that dude. He's probably really bad at sex...yeah.

Trying to convince herself he was just bad for her in general, there was still a spot in her chest that was warm from the interaction, one that made her feel scared to let someone in.

Love is fucking terrifying.

Word Count: 866 words.