Second Chance Pt. 2

A/N: Request from @BrianGeller Doll X N.  This is two of four parts.

A couple of months after their partnership being made at the prom, Doll and N began to fall into a routine. Occasionally they would both go out and hunt for oil, having some fun here and there. They seemed to build a bond over the last couple of months, to the point where Doll began to think of N differently. Something more than just a companion or a friend. Little did she know N was thinking the same thing.

Weirdly enough they did bump into V and Uzi in the halls of the colony every once in a while other than both the workers being in the same class together. It seemed as if the female murder drone and the purple worker had regretful looks on their faces, they knew they fucked up with N. He was someone they would never get back.

They should just stay away. He's mine. Wait what?

Doll's thoughts scared her a little, the realization setting in that she liked the male murder drone romantically. Her visor blushed a little. They were currently in her now clean residence after some complaints from N about the robotic bugs. For someone who had a corpse spire, he was awfully particular about how clean his living quarters were.

"Doll?" N asked, coming into the Livingroom where she sat.

"Yes?"

"I'm overheating a little, can we go get some oil if you're not busy?" The male murder drone asked yawning. She found it cute and smiled. Getting up from the sofa, she nodded and began to walk towards the door.

N however wasn't only just craving oil, but Doll herself. He saw the way she walked, the way her hips swayed in that cheer uniform. The way her robotic breasts slightly bounced and how her cleavage peaked through every so often. He never thought to be the type of drone to get so hot and bothered by another woman's looks, but here he was. Doll noticed his weird behavior and walked towards N. Calling out to him and waving a hand in his face, he was unresponsive.

She began to get worried; she could see the male murder drone panting heavily with an overheating symbol covering one of his optics. He stumbled, falling forwards a little and gripping her shoulders. He couldn't take much more of it.

I can't...if I bite her then it's over. She'll just see me as expandable, like every other murder drone out there. I'm screwed!

"N," The red worker began, grabbing his hand that was currently on her shoulder, he looked up into her visor. "If you need some oil to tide you over until we get more, then you can drink from me. You should have just said so earlier."

"I can't..." He mumbled and stumbled back. She was shocked by his answer and restraint, both a little proud but also concerned for his well-being. With those words, he simply walked out the door and proceeded out to the colony where he could hunt freely, leaving the red worker behind.

N flew in the wind, it was quiet, the cold air of Copper-9 cooling him down slightly in the process. Hell, even just laying in the snow and piling himself in it felt good right now. He finally went to a mini spire he created and took some oil from an already dead worker drone, satisfying his need greatly. Dropping the husk, he felt refreshed and thought on about his previous actions. His visor blushed.

I'm glad I controlled myself but...what does she think of me now? Probably just some monster or liability like everyone else. Did I waste this chance?

"N?" He heard a soft-velvet voice speak out to him. He could hear the flapping of wings approaching the ground, then the sound of them retracting inside of their back. Turning around, he spotted V standing there with her arms crossed.

"V? What are you doing here?" N asked her, generally intrigued. She kind of squirmed for a minute, not really knowing what to say.

"I was just flying around helping the purple thing out with some stuff. But...are you doing okay?" Her words sounded genuine, but N knew better. For all he knew it could be a trap.

"I'm fine, now if you excuse me, I have to go." He was about to fly off, but she grabbed his hand holding him back.

"Wait-! Can we just...talk?" V pleaded, he looked at her with a cold stare in his visor.

"About what? About how you, Uzi, and J treated me? You just come here to remind me what an option I am? About how useless I am?"

"What? No! N...I'm sorry." The female drone apologized, catching him off-guard. "I'm sorry for not sticking up for you, treating you the way I did. I'm sorry for not loving you in the way you wanted..."

"Yeah well, I love someone else now and they have treated me right since the beginning." He retorted, but V seemed surprised at his claim, then smiled when she looked to a shadow over in the corner, then back to him.

"It's Doll, isn't it? Are you happy, N?" V asked him.

"Very." He was still hesitant towards the female murder drone, but she only let out a soft but hurt chuckle.

"Well then, I wish you two the best." She saluted and flew off. It felt like a goodbye to N, unsure of when or even if he'd see the female murder drone again. Not that it mattered. He loved Doll now; he just didn't know how to tell her.

"You love me?"

Well there goes my non-existent ideas of how to tell her.

N thought as he turned around. Apparently, Doll had followed him out to his mini spire and watched the whole thing go down between the two murder drones. But as he looked closer at the red worker, he could see her blushing and smiling.

"I do, Doll. I really, really do."

The red worker approached him shyly, before yanking on his coat to pull him down to her level, giving him a soft peck on the lips. They looked in one another's visors and smiled.

The pair went back to the colony that night hand-in-hand, falling asleep in one another's arms. Their newfound love was fresh and inviting.

It would only take a few days before something else came afoot.

Word Count: 1063 words.