I'll Take You Somewhere Safe Pt. 2

A/N: Request from @MrAmbrose1 N x V.  This is part two for the other one-shot I did of this.  I am slowly but surely getting requests out and I appreciate you guys being patient.  So thank you, really.  I do enjoy writing these things and I think it's a great way to connect with others.  Anyways, enjoy the fic!

About three months had, passed, three months and suddenly new spread like wildfire that J was dead. N and V had gotten used to living their comfy little lives in the cabins, but they both agreed that it could only last so long. Not that they didn't enjoy living where they were now, but something about the pod spoke to them, maybe because they all came in there together.

After some convincing from N, V agreed to go back to the pod where they could live and perhaps create a little place for a recycled oil supply. It seemed like other than J now being dead, the pod was just as how they left it.

"I guess J didn't really stay in here much after we left..." N trailed off, a small and sad expression appearing on his visor. V nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, hell I think there's some dust but other than that we can make it our home again." V smiled once she finished her sentence. She felt N's arms wrap around her and he attacked her neck with his lips. She moaned at the affection, stumbling a little until the male murder drone pinned her up against the wall.

Their make-out session resulted in a fight for dominance with their tongues, but was unfortunately interrupted when she heard a machine of some kind being activated outside.

"N! We need to check outside now!" The female murder drone ran to see what the noise was, only to find a strange purple worker with a gun standing outside their pod. She got in her murderous attack stance, preparing for a fight, but N held his arm out in front of her. Both of them exchanged looked at one another before V nodded, backing off.

N stepped onto the ground, becoming ground level with the worker catching the angsty teen off-guard.

"Hello!" N said and waived, Uzi simply stood there, dumbfounded at the introduction, but she lowered her gun a little.

"Uh, hello?"

It took some convincing, but the purple worker realized N and V really didn't want to mean or cause harm to anyone anymore. They just wanted to...live. Live out the rest of their days together, have some fun. V really did want to work with the other worker drones. She remembered when they were at the manner with the Elliots before being transported into the training facility.

The problem was that she wasn't sure if she could fully trust Uzi, she trusted Cyn and look where that got them. She didn't want to go through all that pain again. And hell be damned if she would let N get hurt again. Currently sitting on the pilot's chair, she sighed in frustration across from N. Who looked at her with his optics locked onto her. His loving gaze unchanging.

"V, hon. It'll be okay, I'm sure once the colony realizes we aren't bad it'll lighten things up." The male murder drone spoke to his girlfriend, but she panicked.

"What if we're trusting the wrong person, N? How do we know they aren't planning something against us? What if they got control of J somehow?"

"She's around our age V, there's a level of understanding that from out and her perspective, no miscommunication can happen, at least not right now." N replied, hugging her, but it made V become worse. Her core glowing and humming like crazy in her current panic attack.

"No! NO N! It's not fine!" She began, little did she know the purple worker came back from classes, hearing their discussion, deciding to hide behind a small corner in the pod. "Even if everything is fine with the workers and Uzi, how do we know the company won't send someone else? We can NEVER be free, how are we going to live if we have to fight for our lives everyday?" She complained, the male murder recognized her state of panic, unsure of what to do. He had never entirely seen V like this before, it was new.

"V, they would have been sent already, we can't worry about any of that, doesn't it matter that we are right here and right now? We can build defenses to protect us, but we can't worry about it-V? V? V!" N crouched as she collapsed to the ground, her breathing became erratic, her visor began to glitch out.

Until she felt something warm hug her. But it wasn't N.

"It's okay to be scared. I am too." Uzi spoke, caressing V's head while N sat there in shock. She managed to calm the female murder drone down. Her words staying in her mind.

Uzi's scared to?

"How come you're scared? How do you guys do it everyday?" V asked, sniffling a little. The trio now all sat on the floor. The purple worker transported V into her boyfriend's arms, sitting across from them.

Uzi didn't say anything at first, looking down, placing her hands on her knees and gripping them tightly.

"I know what it's like to see someone get hurt. I know what it's like to get hurt yourself. And unfortunately I've hurt others against my will as well. But trust me when I say, having someone there for you can do...a lot." She smiled, almost mentioning she had someone back at the colony waiting for her, but she held back. N and V stared at each other. The male murder drone let out a small smirk at his girlfriend, and then nodded his head towards Uzi as if to thank her. "I'll...leave you guys be. I'll come back around the same time tomorrow, and I'm going to bring someone to introduce you to. His name is Thad, he's my boyfriend, and I think him and N will get along. I hope we become great friends V."

V looked up, her optics hollowing in shock.

She really is okay with us...maybe there isn't anything to worry about after all...

The female murder drone smiled and nodded her head, once Uzi left, her digital tears began to flow out. They weren't sad tears, but happy ones. She was happy knowing she finally had somewhere she could keep N safe. Happy she could keep that promise to him for all eternity.

Word Count: 1092 words.