The Project Pt. 2

A/N: Request from @BrianGeller J x N [Human/Highschool AU].  This is part two of three, enjoy!

Like N promised he was waiting for J in the front of the school. V had separated from her long ago once the bell rang, just leaving the two of them. She spotted N near the entrance in the lounge, walking up to him. The boy noticed the pigtailed girl in question, about to greet her when she just took his arm and dragged him to her white Subaru.

Soon enough they were in the car, N telling her the directions of his house. While in the car, the boy couldn't help but to ask a question.

"What's with the logo on the side of the car?"

"Oh, that? My stupid dad is trying to promote his company he works for. My sister, Tessa, tried to stop him from putting it on there but he didn't listen. It's just the JcJenson logo, doesn't really mean anything." J's remark made N's jaw drop.

"Your dad owns JcJenson?! The tech company?!"

"Not necessarily, he's an administrator for the company, but we are close friends with the CEO."

"Wow..." N looked out the window, still in shock.

Biscuits...just what am I getting myself into? I hate partner projects.

Reaching his house, J pulled her car in the driveway and they both got out. She looked up, it was a decent size of a house, a little too rustic for her taste but that was more or so N's parents decision more than his. They set up shop in his living room, N started on the outline while J looked up resources they could use for their topic of choice. It was then she noticed something in the humble abode.

"Hey nerd, where's all the pictures?"

"What? What pictures?" N asked, his head tilted in confusion.

"Do you guys not have family photos? All the pictures are just...gone. Nothing but décor." The pigtailed girl gestured to around the house, slightly noticing how N's expression seemed to falter.

"Oh...that. Well, my mom died when I was younger, I barely knew her. When I was about eight my dad met some new woman, and they got married. She thought we could use a change and we ended up moving here. Although I can't say she's the nicest person I've met. She convinced my dad to get rid of all our old pictures and we never took any new ones. I only managed to sneak one photo of my mom away before he burned them all." The boy looked down, not daring to make eye contact with J, who was tearing up a little.

"N...shit I'm sorry. I didn't realize..."

"It's fine! It was years ago and-"

"That's not all I should be apologizing for." J interrupted him. "I'm sorry how V and I have teased you. It wasn't right. Especially not knowing what you could have been coming home to every day. An empty house..."

"J, seriously it's fine. It's actually easier when they're gone. I don't have to listen to my stupid step-mom's banter. But, I forgive you." He laid a quick hand on her shoulder, a small smile on his face was made, making J's heart flutter.

The two sat even closer to each other now, continuing research for their project and making small talk here and there. But once again, J's observations skills were too great, and she chuckled, deciding it was time to have some fun.

"N, I can see you squirming." She teased, the boy looked at her and covered his lower half with a book, embarrassed.

"S-sorry...you just look really good with your cheer uniform on...I promise I'm not a pervert or anything-!" N squeaked as J slid down to the floor in front of him, on her knees, N still sitting on the edge of the couch.