Last Race - {Jenson Button}

A/N: Really going to miss this guy on the grid! Hope you liked it 💖

The McLaren engineers looked at the screens with their hands in front of their eyes. What they didn't want to happen, happened. The front right wheel just broken off and Jenson couldn't steer well anymore.

"We have to retire, it's okay". Jenson said over the boardradio. He was a bit sad, but a part of him was also fine with it. He was going to see you and family earlier now and he looked forward to that.

Jenson smiled at himself as he drove the car down the pit lane. This wasn't really how he had planned this race,  but he was at peace with it. The right front wheel just didn't function anymore, they couldn't continue the race anyway possible and even if it was possible, he wasn't sure if he even wanted that.

The Brit got out of his car and waved at the crowd that was holding up the flag, Union Jack, of his country and loudly cheering his name. Men at the pit box shook his hand or hugged him and said they were proud of him. He finally saw you fighting the urge to cry.

"You're not going to cry at my last race, Y/N! Or else I have to cry too". He had laughed and said that this morning as you left the villa to go to the circuit of Abu Dhabi.

"Come here, love. Don't cry, remember? Is everything okay?" You smiled and hugged Jenson. "I'm fine, are you fine?". You looked up at his blue eyes as you clenched the material of his racing suit between your fingers. Jenson nodded. "It's okay, I can see you and my family earlier now".

He had hesitated a lot before saying he wanted to retire. He loved this sport with all his heart and had been breathing and living Formula One since he was born.

Jenson was okay with retiring before the first half of the race. He had retired with doing what he loved the most, he hadn't made any mistakes and was now happily pushing you back into his arms.

"Your mother is waiting, she wanted to give us a moment". Your voice a bit shaky as you handed him the waterbottle. "Lets go then". He grabbed your hand and lead you through the labyrint of the pit box to the motorhome, where his family was waiting.

His mother couldn't help it but cry as she saw her son. "Your father would be so proud, darling". Jenson blinked at what she said, swallowing hard and engolving her in a hug. "Come". Jenson said and swung his arm around you and his other around his mother.

The rest of his family hooked on to the chain and went down to the villa where McLaren was staying. You looked up at him and smiled, slightly blushing as he caught your eyes and pressed a kiss on your head. You were going to miss the race weeks and following him anywhere he went, but you were also  glad that he drove his last race with pleasure and had contently ended his time in F1 with a big smile.

Deep down inside, you weren't very sure if this was really his last race as he had smirked a bit when you had that discussion at home. You'll see, but first, time to relax.