Hero Of The Day - {Daniel Ricciardo}

"Get out!". You screamed as you saw your boyfriend with another woman in your bed. The woman looked up at you with big eyes and then turned to your boyfriend. "You told me you broke up with her, you prick!". She covered herself with the sheets and got dressed quickly.

You were too angry to cry and waited with your arms crossed over your chest till your boyfriend got up and got dressed also. "Baby, I can...". "You can't. Within a week your stuff is out of here or else I'll just throw it away". Your voice determind and you were proud of yourself that you stood there strong on the opposite of him.

"Where are you going?". He asked as you collected a pair of clothes and took the keys of your black Audi. "Non of your business anymore". You hissed and slammed the door close behind you.

As you were on the road you started to realise what happened and the tears started to flow. You couldn't see clear anymore so you parked the car at the side of the road. You automatically called Daniel, hoping that he was here in Milton Keynes. "Y/N, hey! Wait, are you crying? Is everything okay?".

"No it's not, my boyfriend, he cheated on me". You could almost hear gritting through his teeth, he had never liked your boyfriend. "Are you here? Can I come?". You continued. "Yeah, yeah. Do I have to pick you up?".

"No, I'm driving myself". You answered, sniffing slightly as your nose started to drip a little.

"Be careful, babe". You blushed slightly at the nickname he gave you. You said your goodbye and took a deep breath before you started the engine again. You easily found the way to Daniel's apartment and parked your car next to his.

You swung the little bag over your shoulder and walked into his apartment. "Dan?". "Over here". The Australian called from the couch he was laying on. Daniel stood up as you dropped your back and pulled your coat off. As soon as he saw your face he went up to you and wrapped his arms around you.

Daniel and you were the best friends ever. You had met when you were around 10 years old, Daniel the cool kid who tried to impress you with his karting skills. You sobbed into his soft, dark blue Red Bull sweater. His hugs were nicer than your boyfriend's.

He softly stroke your hair and let you cry. "I don't understand why". You said, your voice cracking because your throat was very dry. Daniel handed you a glass of water and you sat down on the couch. "Because he's an asshole". He said eventually.

You couldn't help but laugh about that a little. You stayed the next three days at Daniel's and you loved spending time with him. You came back from visiting your grandmother and smelled something delicious in the kitchen. "Oh, what are you making?". You ducked your head under his arm to look at what he was cooking.

"Women, first looking at the food and then your man". Daniel rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Hi Dan". You giggled. He was making your favourite dish, lasagna and you helped him to make the table. "I'm going back to my house tomorrow". You mentioned with your mouth full. Daniel raised his eyebrows. "You're going back?".

"Mhm. I'm running out of clean clothes and I can't just rob your garderobe". You chuckled.

"Don't you want to stay?". The Australian asked. It was quiet as you looked at him. "Well, yeah. But what about my house, and we're not in a relationship?". You stopped eating. "Sell it. Stay here with me". Daniel simply shrugged and grinned.

"And we can try. You and me".

You smiled and looked at your plate before looking back into his sparkling brown eyes. "Okay". The bright smile on his face gave you butterflies in your stomach.

That night you were contently cuddling into his chest, almost completely disappearing in his arms. The television was on, but you laid with your back towards the screen. Daniel looked down at you as he heard your deep breaths. He smiled and kissed your head.

Daniel was glad that he could finally call you his.