Closer - {Daniel Ricciardo}

A/N: This for @MaleenMalik! I also wrote a one shot with this song with Sebastian Vettel, in case you like this song a lot! :) For the other request: I have a lot of requests to write at the moment, so it can take a while, but they're still open! Don't forget that I also write Formula 2, GP3, Formula E etc etc :)

Lyrics of the song Closer by The Chainsmokers ft Halsey is between brackets.

{Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you
I drink too much
And that's an issue, but I'm okay
Hey, you tell your friends
It was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again}

Daniel threw back another shot of tequila, he felt the muscles in his throat contracting at the strong liquor that burned its way down to his stomach. One of his friends patted him on his shoulder as he saw the face the Australian pulled at the drink. His world was turning a bit and his eyes had that dull look. It was just a night out, cosy time with some friends.

His eyes scanned the place a bit, gliding over the dim lighted dance floor. His eyes met the side of your face and his breath hitched in his throat. Your flaming locks twirled down your shoulders and your smile was just as pretty as he remembered. Daniel saw you looking around, however you didn't see him yet.

Daniel adjusted the cap he wore backwards on his head and he smoothed out the red, blocked button-up he wore that snuggly fitted his chest and arms. He wanted to move towards you, nonetheless he saw that blonde friend of yours that never liked him and same for the other way around.

{I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke-down car
And four years, no calls
Now you're lookin' pretty in a hotel bar
And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop}

Daniel pushed himself through the people when your friend went away, maybe to the bathroom or to get more drinks, he didn't know and he didn't care. You turned around when you felt a light touch to your arm, assuming someone would want to pass you. You never expected to meet those gorgeous amber eyes again.

Your throat went suddenly dry and you opened your mouth to speak, however closed it again as you didn't know what to say. "Y/N, how are you?". His smile just as bright and as white as you remembered it.

"I'm...". Sad, hurt that you moved on so quickly, incredibly mad for you dumping me like that, you ripped my heart out, you killed the part of me that kept us alive. "Pretty fine, how about you?". You swallowed the other words you wanted to say.

"Okay, I think". Daniel replied and you were pushed closer together by the dancing crowd behind you. "Haven't seen you in a while". He muttered and his hand reached up to tuck a strand of your hair behind you ear, like he was used to you doing that. "Four years". You answered and his eyes softened at the bitter tone in your voice.

"I've missed you". His hands snaked around your waist and you weren't sure if you agreed to it. However it felt so right to be back in his arms. So right to place your hands on his chest that seemed to gotten only more firm.

"You're just saying that because you can't pull any other girl around here". You said, but let him sway you two to the music. Daniel's lips were against the side of your head, breath ghosting over your face as you turned it sideways to hear whatever he was going to say. "I don't want to pull any other girl, doll. I haven't had a hook-up for ages".

You scoffed at his answer, not believing any of it. Look at Daniel, he's tall, he has that hot scruff, panty dropping smile, sexy Aussie accent and those brown eyes that could stare into your soul, every woman would launch theirselves at Daniel.

"Because you messed with my head. I seriously can't stop thinking about you". He gritted through his teeth and his grip on your waist tightened. You nibbled on your lip as you didn't know what to believe anymore. "Let's just get out of here if you want to talk". He suggested, his palm sliding against yours and entwining your fingers, causing electricity to run through your arm.

{So, baby, pull me closer
In the backseat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older}

"You're driving tonight?". You said in disbelieve, because the Australian clearly wasn't sober enough to drive anymore. "No, a friend of mine doesn't drink so he drives, but it's my car". Daniel answered, sitting down in the driver's seat while you hopped in next to him. "You want to talk in your car". You said, crossing your arms over your chest.

"If you can tell me another place where it's not cold and loud, tell me". Daniel shot back with a roll of his eyes and you mocked at him.

Your eyes wandered off to the things that laid on the dashboard. You spotted the Parkway Drive album that you had bought him for Christmas, together with concert tickets. Daniel looked over at you as you looked in front of yourself, not really knowing what to do know.

"Did you... Did you have any new...". Daniel nibbled on his lower lip. "Relationships after us? No". You finished for him. "I couldn't, probably due to the same reason as you". You looked sideways and he leaned towards you, his hand reaching out to caress your cheek. You felt your heart skipping a beat when he leaned in further.

You noses brushed against each other, lips as well, but it wasn't a full kiss yet. Your lips finally met and you sighed into the kiss, feeling like a fire started to burn inside your body and its flames started to lick at your veins.

{You look as good as the day I met you
I forget just why I left you, I was insane
Stay and play that Blink-182 song
That we beat to death in Tucson, okay}

"Like nothing changed". Daniel muttered against your lips, the kiss so familiar to his body. You pulled him closer to you again, yet the distance between the seats formed a small problem. It was quickly solved when he pulled you out of the seat and onto his lap, your knees on either side of his hips. You were flush against his chest and your hand moved through his raven curls.

"I'm sorry". Daniel said and broke the kiss briefly, but you only pressed your lips against his again. "Shut up". You mumbled and your fingers travelled to the hem of his shirt. He gasped at the feeling of your fingers against his tight abdomen, your nails slightly scratching his skin.

{I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke-down car
And four years, no call
Now I'm lookin' pretty in a hotel bar
And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop}

Daniel couldn't stop his hands that were roaming over your body, exploring your curves and your soft skin underneath your top. His lips moved to your neck, breathing in the perfume that was still the same one as he remembered, the sweet yet spicy scent twirling through his nostrils and making him want you even more.

"Where have you been those four years". You stated and pulled his shirt over his head. Daniel chuckled lowly to do the exact same to you. "In Australia, being stupid". He replied and you nodded at what he said. "True". You answered and let him tangle his fingers in your hair.

{So, baby, pull me closer
In the backseat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older}

It didn't take him long to move to the backseat of his car, trapping you beneath his body. Daniel's fingers travelled over your legs, taking his time to take in your beauty again. "I swear, Ricciardo, if you leave me after this, I'll hunt you down all nightmare long".

"I love it when you throw Metalllica lyrics at me". (Reference to the song All Nightmare Long by Metallica {Album: Death Magnetic})Daniel groaned in response and dipped his lips to your neck again, causing you to let out a giggle and a soft whimper.

"But I'm not going to leave you after this". He looked up again and your heart melted at the lovely gaze that laid in his amber eyes. You smiled in response and pulled him down to kiss you again, this time knowing that he'll still be there tomorrow to kiss as well.