1840's Prince - {Daniel Ricciardo}

A/N: This is, sort of, an history AU (Late modern period I guess?) Anyway, this scene is played in 1840, Australia!

A princess, yep, that's what you were. You didn't feel like one, but you were the daughter of the king and queen of Sydney and that, unfortunately, labelled you as princess. You turned eighteen last month and your mother thought it was the highest time to find a prince for you to marry.

You almost choked on your glass of water as she announced that during dinner. She had kindly asked the maids that brought the silver plates full of food, to leave the room. Your father acted like he hadn't heard what she said and just continued eating.

"I'm not marrying someone I don't feel any affection for!". You immediately yelled, slamming your cup of water down on the table.

"We need you to marry someone, we need a king to rule our land if your father dies in the war next winter!". She had yelled back, and she had the face on that you knew so well. The face that told that it's going to happen the way she wants.

You swallowed hard and shove the wooden chair back, stomping out of the room. The maids that stood outside of the room jumped when you opened the heavy doors of the dining room. "Excuse me". You mumbled and went towards the stairs, lifting your dress so you wouldn't step on it.

On your room, you freed yourself from the tight dress and put on your night garment. You knew your mother would invite everyone from over the whole world, especially rich princes to marry you.

And that's exactly what happened. You met hundreds of handsome, young men, but none of them gave you butterflies in your stomach. Some men even found you intimidating as you were more of a rough young woman. You could perfectly take care of yourself, you rather ride a horse than sit in a stupid carriage.

You were pretty good with the heavy muskets of your father and knife-throwing wasn't a problem as well. Some didn't even want to meet you as you weren't girly enough to be their princess and you were fine with that.

"Y/N!". Your mother yelled and opened the door of your room angrily. "Tomorrow is your last chance to meet a prince or else I will choose one for you". She threatened. "Tomorrow?". You asked, raising your eyebrows.

"We've got an invite from the King of New Castle to come to his yearly ball. Wear the dress that hangs in your closet". She snapped and closed the doors again. You rolled your eyes, yeah like you were going to meet a nice man there.

--

Daniel huffed as he looked into the mirror. He closed the buttons of his jacket and opened the doors of his bedroom, wandering down the stairs to join the fantastic ball that was set up for him to find a princess. He had met a lot of women the last few days, but no one caught his attention.

"Stop that will you? Let her in, take care of her horse". He heard the yelling and looked around the corner. It was his mother that helped a young lady to get of a big, Frisian horse. The guard quickly nodded and brought the horse to the stables.

They closed the gateway and saw his mother talking to the lady. She wore a long, black coat and the hood was pulled over her head, making it impossible to see her face.

You actually weren't allowed to travel by horse, but your dad told your mother that she had to let you, as you were at least dressed nicely and going to the ball.

"Daniël, good that you're here! Take this nice lady to the ballroom will you? She's the daughter of the king of Sydney". His mother cooed and went away before he could answer. "Can I take your jacket, my lady?". Daniel politely asked.

You smiled and walked into the big castle that took your breath away. You've never been on the land of King Ricciardo again since you were three years old. "Please, Mr Ricciardo". You blushed and shook the hood of your head, unbuttoning the fabric and handing him it.