Special Bet - {Daniel Ricciardo}

A/N: this is for WriterExtreme ❤️❤️

The dark night sky bathed Malaysia with its darkness, however the lights of Kuala Lumpur were shining brightly in the distance, lighting up the city from miles away. Daniel looked over at you when your eyes were locked on the sky that was filled with stars. Your hands rested on the balustrade of the glass balcony on the top floor of the hotel.

You giggled when his arm curled around your waist, pulling your back against his chest. Goosebumps rose upon your skin at feeling his lips against your neck, leaving soft kisses that tickled a little with the hairs that covered his chin and above his upper lip. Daniel smiled and twirled you around in his arms to pull you close to his chest.

He looked down at you with those familiar twinkles in his eyes, a hint of something playful in those amber orbs. "What is it?". You asked, automatically laughing as he started to smile.

"Nothing, it's something stupid". Daniel shook his head, but kept smiling at you. "You have to tell me now, come on, I know you have something in mind". You chuckled, curling your fingers around his shirt that snuggly fitted his broad chest. His hand reached up to place them on your chin, making you look into his hypnotic eyes.

He smiled and bend down to kiss you, lips soft on yours. Butterflies fluttered through your stomach, heart skipping a beat at the magical feeling. You pulled away with a squeal. "Dan, you're distracting me". You gave him a stern look, which caused him to laugh.

"I want to make a bet with you". He finally confessed, his hands resting on the small of your back to keep you close, the lights of the city in the background.

"A bet". You repeated with a little bit of disbelieve. "What kind of?". You curiously asked, urging him to go on. "If I win next week here, I'll propose to you". You gasped loudly, biting down on your lower lip at just the thought of it. Your mind already drifted off to form imagines about your wedding, Daniel is a suit and you in a gorgeous dress, on the beach in Australia.

Oh my god you'd get cute kids, a baby girl he'd treat like his princess and yes your ovaries almost started to shake from it, totally ready for it all. Yes yes yes that's what you wanted.

"Wait". You started, the bubble of imagination popping. "What if you lose?". Daniel chuckled at your adorable frown. "Then I'll buy you the brand new model of Mercedes, in matte black". Oh well, that was attractive too, but you preferred him to win now as you liked the imagine of a wedding better than yourself in a matte black Mercedes.

"Okay, deal". You grinned and he shook your hand, bringing it up to kiss the back of it. You shrieked when his arms tightly wrapped around you and swung you over his shoulder, bringing you back inside of the hotel room to throw you down on the soft mattress and claim you as his tonight.

You had to admit this race was nerve racking as Daniel's teammate was on his heels. A bit of wheel banging here and there got your heartbeat up to a high pace. Your eyes fixated on the screen in front of you.

The last lap was there and it was eye for an eye. The whole pit box was thrilling with adrenaline, the best 1-2 finish Red Bull had since a few years, it was happening now. Daniel's crew burst into a group hug, pulling you with them as well. You ran along to parc ferme, waiting at the front row till Daniel came back.

The feeling Daniel had was so amazing, because he drove this for you, he drove for Jules.

Daniel parked his car in front of the big number 1, rushing his way out of the bolide to fly into his crew. His arms were tight around you, almost pulling you over the fence that was between you. Your hands held his helmet and your forehead leaned together. He smiled brightly, sweat droplets falling onto his open visor.

Daniel had to pull away to get at the cool down room and patted Max on his back. He let himself weigh and gladly took a sip of the water bottle, wiping his face with the towel. He was called onto the podium as last and he waved at the crowd, a bright smile onto his face that lighted up whole Malaysia.

The Australian national anthem scalded over the circuit and he felt a wave of emotions washing over him. This win, it was for Jules to finally, finally dedicate it to him and his friendship and the start of something new, the engagement between you two. He swallowed the lump in his throat and forced the tears back, ready to spray champagne.

He got a microphone from one of the grid girls and tested it first. "I want to have a very special lady to come onto the podium". You squealed when one of the crew members lifted you over the fence and one of the FIA members brought you upstairs to the podium.

Daniel extended his hand for you to take and wrapped his arm around your waist to pull you into his chest. "You've been my girlfriend for many years now, doll. And I don't want that anymore". The crowd gasped and your heart skipped a beat. He dropped down on one knee, laughing as he managed to balance the microphone in his hand as well. He opened a box and that made you tear up.

"Because I want nothing more than you becoming my wife, do you want to marry me?"

"Because I want nothing more than you becoming my wife, do you want to marry me?". Your vision was a bit blurred by your tears, looking down at the most beautiful ring you've ever seen and back of the most gorgeous pair of brown eyes. "Of course". You sniffled with a giggle and bend down to kiss him.

Everyone cheered and whistled, the camera zooming in on you two. Daniel pulled away and stood up to put the ring around your finger. "Told you I'd win". He muttered in your ear and you laughed, swatting his chest. Max next to you shook the champagne bottle again, spraying it all over you two with Nico Rosberg on your other side.

"Kiss in the champagne is better than a kiss in the rain". He grinned at his cheesy rhyme and pulled you close again to kiss his Mrs Ricciardo, under the rain of champagne.