Different - {Daniel Ricciardo}

A/N: Got a kind of special request, something I haven't written ever before! Feeling honoured to write this request by lulalulooo, hope you like it! 💖 It's I think, with 1789 words, the longest one shot I've ever written :)

Disclaimer: by the mention of 'black' and 'white' and interracial relationships I have no intention ever to refer to discrimination nor racism, also not throughout the characters in this one shot.

"I love you, Loula". His brown eyes staring into yours. The way your name still gave you the shivers to run over your spine. Wrapped up in his arms and tangled in the sheets. Your breath hitched in your throat at his words.

"I love you too". Your fingers caressed his cheeks and he loved the contrast between his lighter skin and your beautiful dark skin.

A year ago you had met Daniel Ricciardo and you immediately clicked. You were a grid girl for the Australian Grand Prix and he couldn't keep his eyes off you as you stood in front of the car with his number sign in your hand.

You were decently dressed, yet showing your curvy body. You were the only black female of the grid girls today and he was totally mesmerized by the different kind of beauty his eyes had never met before.

Starting a relationship was a tricky thing, you were only 18 then, 19 now. You had finished your school and then agreed on living with him on the road and wherever he went, you went as well. The somewhat awkward tension he sometimes felt as he was out with you, the looks of other people, the media that had its opinions, it got on his nerves.

You didn't have any problems with him being a white man and you being a black girl, but you knew the hate he sometimes got about your interracial relationship made him sad and you as well of course. You just thought people had their opinions and you let them be, because you loved him.

Lately you didn't feel so well, morning sickness left you hovering over the toilet many times. Daniel was mostly gone before you even got out of bed and you decided to ignore it as well. You were on the pill and you didn't missed a month right?

You couldn't shake it off and went down to the pharmacy to get a pregnancy test. You knew you were young, maybe too young. But you believed in Daniel and you being good parents. You took the test at home and it was...

Positive.

Your feelings were mixed, you were happy because it could glue your relationship fully together again or it could completely turn the ties and... You shivered at the thought of it and went to stand in front of the mirror, pulling the material of your shirt slightly up.

Of course there was nothing to been seen yet, only your flat stomach. You placed your hands on it as you couldn't imagine a little baby growing in there. You imagined your baby bump to be much bigger and you smiled at your reflection in the mirror.

As you heard the door, you went into the kitchen to see Daniel being back home. "Hey". You smiled and stood on your tippy toes to give him a kiss. He smiled and caressed your cheek. "Hey". He mumbled back.

"I have some news". You said as you made him a cup of coffee. You looked over your shoulder as he sat down at the kitchen table. Daniel raised his eyebrows with a gentle smile on his handsome face.

"I... I am pregnant". You said, feeling nervous as it was quiet in the kitchen.

"You're what?". Daniel leaned forward, he heard you, he just wanted... He wanted... He didn't know actually.

"I'm pregnant, Daniel". You repeated, your smile sinking as he didn't show any expression or emotion.

"Okay". Daniel replied, his hands rubbing his temples and his eyes. "You're not happy...". You said, nibbling on your lip. "I don't think we're ready for a baby". He said softly. "You're 19, I'm 27". The Australian started.