Believe Me - {Nico Hülkenberg}

A/N: This is for AlfiemakesmyDeyes hope you like it! ☺️

"Hey babe, I have dinner ready, are you home soon?". You asked while whisking a spoon a bit through the pan of sauce for some spaghetti carbonara. You heard Nico driving and frowned at a female giggle on the background. "Yes of course, I have to drop Carmen off first, but I won't be too late". Nico replied and you raised your eyebrows now at hearing her name.

"Okay". You softly replied and ended the call. He got along pretty well with Carmen Jorda, but you girls didn't get along at all. You have tried so many times to get in contact with her, find a girlfriend on the paddock, but was always straight up rude. However she turned into a purring kitty when she saw Nico and she glued herself against his chest on pictures which almost made you throw up.

You didn't mind him being friends with a girl, you were friends with his former team mate Sergio Perez and also with Jo Palmer, but you didn't touch them the same way you touched Nico. Worst of all, Nico even put his arm around her waist and now he dared to drive her home. It made you angry and sad at the same time, because Carmen was gorgeous, you weren't going to lie.

How easy he could leave you for someone prettier than you... You let out a sigh and waited another twenty minutes, but he didn't come yet. You were too hungry to wait and just got your own plate, sitting on the couch to watch some TV meanwhile. You were almost done when you saw Nico's headlights turning into the porch. You fought the urge to roll your eyes and just zapped towards another channel.

"Hey, princess". Nico called when he came in, hanging his coat on the rack in the hallway. "Hi". You mumbled and didn't even look up. He could feel it this time. Nico smelled the nice dinner in the kitchen and looked up at you with a frown as he saw your empty plate.

"Did you eat already?". The German peaked his head around the kitchen and you nodded. "Dinner was ready almost 45 minutes ago, Nico. You can't expect to wait while you bring your new girlfriend home". You snapped as you couldn't hold it in anymore.

Nico blinked at your sudden anger. "Babe, what are you saying?". He put the plate he had in his hand to get some spaghetti down on the kitchen table and walked your way. He took a seat next to you on the couch. "You heard me". You hissed at him and turned the TV off.

"Doll, do you really think...".

"Well, how can I not?". You yelled and stood up. "You're always around her, Nico. Even when I'm with you in the pit box, she always finds her way to put her hands on you. And you know, that's not even the worst...".

"Y/N, please".

"Let me fucking talk! You don't even push her away! She's flirting with you and basically eye-banging you already and you... you just think it's all fine". Your voice softened towards the end of your rant and you put your hands in your sides.

"Do you think it's nice for me to hear you will be later at dinner, that I, your girlfriend, made for you because you have to drop that stupid blondie off first?". Oh you were pissed now and you felt the adrenaline pumping through your bloodstream, determined to let him know how miserable he made you feel.

"Probably because I make you dinner every night I'm not special anymore". You stated, moving a hand through your hair.

Nico remained silence for a couple seconds and you bit your lip against the tears. "She's pretty, Nico. And I'm so scared that you'll leave me for someone better than me". Your voice had softened to a whisper that made his heart ache. Nico couldn't look up at your teary eyes, knowing that would make him cry too.

You turned around to do something else, just to turn your back to him. You softly cried while you cleaned your plate and put it in the dishwasher. You got a washcloth to clean the kitchen. Nico wrapped his arms around your body, leaning his head atop of yours. "No, Nico". You sobbed and tried to pry his arms away from around you.

You cried even harder when you didn't succeed and you turned around his arms to push his chest, but your arms didn't have any strength in them. Nico waited till you were done pushing him away and you finally accepted his embrace, your fingers clutching into his shirt. He softly rocked you back and forth, his low voice humming a tune to calm you down.

"I'm sorry, princess. I never thought it hurt you so bad, I never meant to". Nico mumbled into your hair. He cupped your cheeks and moved the hair away from your face, his thumbs drying your cheeks slightly. "Because you have to believe me when I say you're more beautiful to me than every other girl. Carmen and I are just friends, maybe she wants more, but I only want you". He softly said.

Your bloodshot eyes looked up at his bright, blue ones and your hand rested on his chest, on the place of his heart. "Please, believe me". Nico replied and his lips brushed over yours. You nodded and took a deep breath. "Okay". You replied and he dipped down to kiss you. The kiss was so tender and full of love, you didn't dare to think about the blonde again.

"I'm yours". Nico muttered against your lips and could faintly taste your salt tears. "And I'm yours". You answered and moved your hands over his that still rested on your cheeks.

"Don't ever think about that, hmm?". He hummed and kissed your forehead. "I love you". You managed to crack a smile. "I love you too".