Amaranthine - {Stoffel Vandoorne}

A/N: For my lovely babe pasfeatvic! :) x

Amaranthine

Noun: [1] Undying, everlasting, immortal and unfading beauty [2] Meant in this one shot as the unfading smile, never-ending attempt to brighten someone up.

Sighs of relief were audible in the McLaren pit box. At least one car made it till the end of the race. You smiled weakly at the mechanics patting each other on the back. They couldn't help it the engine didn't do its work like they expected it to.

The engines of the whole pack were roaring down the pit lane and they lined up neatly behind each other, your boyfriend Stoffel parking his bolide at the end of the row. You already knew he will be disappointed, he expected at least P10 or maybe better.

Especially now the focus laid on Verstappen, he wanted to prove the Dutch driver wasn't the only young driver who had some talent. You were sure he could do it, but it was the first race of the season and he shouldn't put so much pressure on himself.

Stoffel went with the others to weigh himself and he pulled his helmet off with a sigh. Even Gionvinazzi had done better than him, in a damn Sauber! Was he even worth the seat at McLaren? He stepped onto the scale and then hopped off.

He saw you standing next to his PR officer Adam, talking a bit but he couldn't hear about what. "Hey babe". You said, reaching out for him and Stoffel gladly accepted your offer of a hug. His arms were tightly wrapped around your waist and you were pushed up against his chest.

"You did great, Stof". You muttered, gently caressing his cheek and moving your fingers through his sweaty hair. Stoffel briefly closed his eyes at the feeling and then looked down at you. "Just felt like I could do so much better". He mumbled.

"I don't want to interrupt but eh...". Adam coughed and gave you two a small smile. "Of course". You smiled at the older man. You pressed a kiss to his lips and Stoffel leaned his forehead against yours for a moment. "I'll see you soon".

Adam and Stoffel walked away to answer the curious questions of the journalists in the paddock. The only thing you could do was wait for him.

Stoffel wasn't very talkative when you went to pack your things to fly back home to the apartment you shared in London. You didn't mind, you could understand the feeling of not being content with the work you delivered.

The flight is going to be long, but you had some time to spend together and talk further meanwhile. The business class seats allowed you to sit pretty relaxed and you had your legs on Stoffel's lap. He smelled nice after the shower and you could smell your favourite cologne on him.

"What makes you so upset?". You leaned over to him and took his hand in yours. Stoffel entwined your fingers and gently squeezed your palm. "Finishing the race in P13, being the last one". He shrugged. "I didn't come to finish on P13, babe".

His gorgeous blue eyes studied your face and his free hand tucked a wisp of hair behind your ear. "I know, but you at least finished the race. The chaos in turn one, you perfectly avoided that, Stof. Your crew clapped for you".

The corners of his mouth curled slightly upwards. "They're still proud of you, this is your first race in a whole different car than your used to". You continued. You smiled as he pressed a kiss to your knuckles.

"Are you proud of me?". He asked and he grinned as you scoffed at him. "Of course, and you know that". You rolled your eyes and Stoffel laughed, making your cheeks heat up. You were glad he was smiling again.

You checked your phone a bit and still felt him staring at you. "Are you going to stare at me for the rest of the flight?". You leaned your head against the seat. Stoffel nodded. "I can stare at you all day and not get tired of it".

"Smooth, Vandoorne". You had to admit he created an explosion of butterflies inside your stomach though.

"Mhm, just like my hands about to get in...". His fingers travelled up your legs and you swatted his hands away. "Just like your hands about to keep themselves off me. Behave till we get home". You said with a stern tone, but failed to not laugh as he pulled that adorable pout.

"Okay, okay". Stoffel smiled and his hand cupped your jaw, you already forgot what you said earlier as he had that gaze full of love in his eyes. "You never fail to make me smile, Y/N". His lips ducked down to yours and he pecked your lips a couple times.

"I love you". He said before kissing you again. "I love you too". Stoffel's heart skipped a beat when you said it back and oh how he wished you weren't stuck on this aircraft for at least the upcoming 10 hours.

"We can watch a movie". You suggested as he pulled away. "Oh, oh can we watch Need For Speed? Haven't seen that in like two weeks?". Stoffel said and already went to search for his favourite movie. "Sure". You smile and shook your head.

You snuggled up as close as the seats allowed you to and Stoffel sighed contently when he leaned his head on yours, quickly forgetting about the disappointing weekend.