On The Grid Together - {Stoffel Vandoorne}

Stoffel looked at you dressed in the dark Force India racing suit. He was dressed in the McLaren suit for the first time and he was ready to race his first race of his first Formula One season.

"Are you nervous?". You asked with a small smile as he bit his nails. "I'd be lying if I said that I'm not". Stoffel chuckled. You stood in front of him and entwined your hands with his. Stoffel smiled and leaned forward to kiss your lips briefly.

Your ways separated as you both needed to get in the car. Stoffel pulled the balaclava over his head and grabbed the helmet that one of the mechanics reached him. The team gave him a pat on the back and wished him good luck.

Stoffel shovelled around in his seat as he was starting on P12 in Melbourne today. He felt ready for the 57 laps on the beautiful Albert Park that laid in the sunshine of Australia. He saw the rear of his girlfriend's bolide on P6 and hoped the best for her.

He grinned at the thought of battling a bit with you, but he knew you had more skill and a better car and drive off, leaving only dust behind when he would get close.

The lights went out and the cars sped away. You had a good start and managed to stay out of getting squeezed in the first curve, speeding away from your team mate Sergio Perez as he was behind you on the straight.

Stoffel was struggling a bit with the tyres, but soon found enough grip and his engineer informed him about his good sector times. He relaxed more into the seat, doing what he loved the most. Oh how excited he was.

Around lap 15 it was time for a pit stop as he managed to get the best out of the tyres. The stop went smoothly and he was proud on his team. You didn't have any problems till you had banged wheels with Fernando Alonso.

You spun slightly, but kept the car on the track and quickly went after the other McLaren driver. The nerves came back at the last ten rounds. Stoffel saw your car, three cars for him and grinned as you did a beautiful overtake on his team mate.

The Belgian took P10 from Romain Grosjean and his team cheered as he already got his first points in the Formula One.

As soon as you parked your car you flew to Stoffel. He quickly pulled you up and you swung your legs around his waist. "Babe, I'm so proud of you". Your helmets clashed together and he laughed. "Congrats on your points as well".

Stoffel smiled and was proud of you with your P5 as well. He gently let you down and you both went inside to the scales for weighing. You both made a round through the paddock and Stoffel was longer away than you were, since everybody wanted to ask him something.

You really though he deserved it, he drove great races in the GP2 and he was ready for it. McLaren is an amazing team to start at and you were sure he could learn a lot from Fernando Alonso.

Stoffel met you again in your hotel room. "I got some dinner, not sure you were in the mood to party". You said as you sat on the couch with the television on. "I'm pretty tired actually". Stoffel yawned and dropped his bags as he sat down next to you.

"What kind of food do you have?".

"Maccas, Send Daniel tho". You mumbled as you put another fry in your mouth. "Ah yes, really in the mood for that". You laughed.

Stoffel ate a bit and then contently leaned against you, his arm wrapped around your shoulder. Now the tiredness really kicked in. All the stress of the first race, afraid to crash or not do well. He felt his eyelids getting heavy.

You smiled, not really how you pictured to celebrate his first race, but you could imagine how tired he was from all the things around just driving the car. Stoff softly whined as you stroke your fingers through his hair.

You woke up as the tv was still on the room was lightened by just the moon. "Stoff, we need to go to bed". You giggled and shook his shoulder.

"Hmpf, this is fine too". He pulled on your waist to let you lay stretched against him. You shrugged and cuddled into his chest. And that's how you fell asleep again. On the small couch with your favourite driver in the world.