Soldier Part 3 - {Daniel Ricciardo}

A/N: A last part to my Soldier Daniel series, made this a bit more romantic than the previous part. Let me know what you think! I'm also up for writing other one shots with F1 drivers as military men ;)

Warning: cute smut, like y'all, this is cute n romantic and will drown your heart in love.

The following days went the same, Daniel left early in the morning for his military duty after pressing a kiss to your sleeping face, softly padding out of the hotel room. He took you out during the evenings and showed you things like the best guide ever. And every night you ended up tangled in the sheets, and mostly tangled in each other.

It was a lovely routine and you looked forward to what you'd do tonight. Your friend was having fun with the other solider anyway, so you were free to go as well. Daniel picked you up again and had told you to not dress too nicely. "You look gorgeous anyway". He had said and of course you had blushed and waved his comment away.

The soldier was right on time to stand in front of your door again, in his duty clothes like he always was, which you grew to love. And he knew, he knew damn well it turned you on as hell. Camouflage clothing and that bronzed skin, those intense amber eyes, the perfect combination to make you dream away while staring at him.

Daniel surprised you by picking you up with a military car. The matte green truck looked intimidating, however you weren't afraid to let him take your hand and get into the right side of the car. The car demanded entrance through the busy traffic and Daniel chuckled every time a car parked on the side to let them pass.

"They seem to have a lot of respect for you, as a military man". You mentioned, looking over at him. Daniel nodded. "They all have, we're giving them a safe feeling. We're the protection to anything villain that can happen in these times". He said with a smile, looking over at you as well. You were just wearing a pair of denim shorts and loose, white top tugged in it, but you looked absolutely gorgeous to him.

The streetlights already flicked on, the sun set a couple hours ago. You were literally going on a night out. Daniel drove past points you had already explored earlier in the week, either with your friend or with Daniel. Your hair blew a bit in the wind by the fresh air that came through the opened window. Daniel looked at it with a smile, he really wanted to make this last night special.

He drove past the Forum of Ceasar and the halls of Trajanus, stopping in front of the entrance of the Forum Romanum. You've already made a round through the Forum, so you were a bit confused. Daniel grinned and parked his car, stepping out and rushing himself to the other side to help you out as well.

A hand on your lower back guided you to the entrance and the soldiers who had their patrol there greeted you friendly. "Buonasera Daniel e bella donna". They called and you smiled, greeting them as well. They teased Daniel a bit in Italian, something you couldn't understand, but you loved seeing them laugh and he playfully pushed his colleague away.

Daniel jogged back to you and guided you down to the Forum, taking a left to take the climb. "We're going to climb the Palatine, one of the seven hills of Rome". He explained and sweet Jesus that was a climb (it really was, I almost died). You slightly panted when you reached what you thought was the top. You had to climb another stairs and walk a couple minutes, but the sight it gave you then, was absolutely breath taking.

The Circus Maximus stretched out beneath you and it was just so beautiful. "Wow, Dan, you really showed me the best bits of Rome". You sighed contently, leaning against his chest as he came to stand behind you. Daniel smiled and placed his hands on your hips, pressing a couple kisses to your bare shoulder.

"if you just turn a little...". Daniel turned you 45 degrees to the right and there the Forum Romanum was, bathing in its small lights. The buildings and ruins looked even more big now as the lights rose up from the ground. You snapped a quick picture of it and then lowered your phone to take in the gorgeous sight yet again.