Smooth Criminal - {Max Verstappen}

A/N: Had a little burst of inspiration after watching the Mission Impossible movies again because they're great :) Different topic of writing, maybe a different style? Let me know what you think! Oh and part 2 is requestable! :)

"You've been hit by, you've been struck by, A smooth criminal".

Smooth Criminal // Michael Jackson

Max squinted his eyes at the bright light of the big screen that hung in front of him. His eyes got used to the dim lighted briefing room and now the screen had its radiance on the fullest mode, almost blinding him.

Daniel next to him was smart, he still wore his sun glasses. The two spies sat on the desk, their dark uniforms with the weapon belt around their waists showing they had just been on a mission.

Dubai was their location, but deep under the ground. No one knew that the spy organisation was here. The screen showed a map, a couple x's drawn on them. Christian Horner cleared his throat and spoke.

"As you might have noticed, the last few missions have been a bit tough. Because there was almost nothing left for you to kill or steal, and since you couldn't find the person who was a constant step ahead of you". The former slide was replaced by a camera fragment of a woman dressed in complete black.

Daniel whistled through his teeth and Max nudged his sides to keep him quiet. "This is the reason, or she is the reason".

Max nibbled his lower lip, a bit ashamed that a woman, a simple woman could do more than two men who were trained for this.

"Now the only problem is, she has the chip with the data. If she sells it, we're lost". Christian said, his hands folded together behind his back, the tone in his voice a bit panicked. "Verstappen, you're getting it back".

"What? Why me?". Max said, standing up from where he sat.

"Because I'm sending Daniel on another mission". Was simply the answer and he threw Max the USB stick with information about the woman. She looked a bit like that Avenger, Black Widow, so Max just gave her that name.

Max went home, location unknown for many. His house existed of a simple table in the middle of it, big enough so he could spread out everything. The steel upper side of the table had touchable function, screens with data hidden beneath it and secured with his finger and eye print.

The rest of the interior was rather cold, he wasn't at home that much anyway. Max put the USB stick into his laptop and scanned the profile of the woman again. Maybe she was a lone wolf, maybe not. He easily broke into the FBI files, searching through it to find any piece of fragment that showed her.

Not one single trace.

Max assumed this was a smart woman and he needed to be smarter than her now. He searched further, the sun setting and rising again. He was used to it, lack of sleep was his way to live basically.

He leaned forward as he saw her name: Y/N Y/L/N. It was a fake card, sadly no picture, saying that this woman was a musician at an event. The opera in Vienna in three days. What did she want there? Too many people would attend the opera... Enough witnesses around.

His fingers flew over the keyboard when he called his boss via the extra secure line. "Christian, I need a flight to Vienna, I'm going to push the boundaries with my musical knowledge".

--

Your dress was sleek against your body, hugging your curves the right way. Your make-up was perfect for this occasion. The material of the rifle clicked together when you adjusted the parts of the gun. The chrome layer over it making it look like it was a simple clarinet.