Ruined Idea - {Max Verstappen}

A/N: This is for LucyReus, hope you like it!

Requests are now closed

The weekend in Russia seemed to exist of stress only. Max was moody the whole day after the qualifying sessions and had a long briefing with his engineers. He wasn't really talkative that night and you decided to just let him, as he needed his rest for the race tomorrow. Nevertheless he got on your nerves as well as he was pacing around the whole time, sitting with data sheets in his hands.

A cuddle or a kiss was no time for and that made you slightly pout. Yet you were content when you crawled into his embrace when you both went to bed, his muscled arms tightly wrapped around you.

The race day was even worse. Max was nervous for the first time since what felt like forever. His knee bumped up and down and he was biting his nails while typing away with his other hand on his phone. You were a bit annoyed by the too stressed behaviour, he was never like this.

"Babe, just calm down, everything will be fine". You muttered, placing your hand on his knee to make him stop with the bouncing. "You told me that yesterday already". He snapped and you looked up at his tone. "You don't have to talk to me like that, I can't help it that you're nervous". Max looked up at you with a wild look in his eyes.

"You don't know what it's like to drive a shitty car". He continued and you raised your eyebrows at his words. "I think you have nothing to complain about in comparison to drivers like Alonso and Vandoorne". You crossed your arms over your chest as he sat on the opposite of you. He scoffed. "You know...".

"Nothing about it? You told me that yesterday already". You hissed back the same words he had used earlier. Max looked up at you a bit shook. "You're getting all stressed and I have to pay for it. That's not nice, Max. And definitely not something I flew over to Russia for. Good luck with the race". You stood up and left his drivers room.

"Babe...". Max stood up to go after you, realising he fucked up pretty bad. He sighed and groaned at himself in anger, he never intended to hurt you or take his stress out on you.

He had to race in a few minutes so he was needed in the pit box now. Max hoisted his racing overall over his broad frame and zipped it up till under his chin. His Red Bull cap was replaced by the helmet and he hopped into the car in a supple manner, his gloves covering his hands.

Just like you expected, Max did perfectly fine in the race and all the stress had been for absolutely nothing. He got P5 and a nice amount of points, which was the maximum he could get on the circuit of Sochi. You had some time to cool down again and were ready to talk with him again after he went through the media paddock and the briefing with his engineers.

The sun was already setting when he went back to the motorhome, freshly showered this time and in his Red Bull team gear. You waited on one of the big seats that stood in the hallway, offering some limited privacy if you spoke in a soft tone.

Max sat down next to you, swinging his arm around you with a sigh. "I'm sorry, princess, I never meant it that way". You turned in your seat to face him a bit better. "I know, but it just hurts, because I can do nothing about those kind of problems". His fingers moved through your hair and his heart hammered at his chest.

"I actually wanted to take you out somewhere romantic before the race, but you look exhausted". He swallowed hard and padded around the pockets of his jeans. "And I definitely wanted to do this in a more romantic way, but I'm too nervous to think of the whole speech I've written for you". He chuckled lightly and suddenly sunk down on one knee in front of you.

 He chuckled lightly and suddenly sunk down on one knee in front of you

You looked at him with a frown as you weren't sure what he was doing. Max got a box out of his pockets and opened it to reveal a gorgeous, shiny ring. "But I eh wanted to ask if you maybe wanted to become my Mrs Verstappen?". He stammered, his cheeks flushed red and your mouth curled up into a big smile.

"Of course!". You cupped his cheeks to bend down and kiss him, your eyes getting slightly wet from the whole proposal. "I've ruined your whole proposal idea today". You pouted and felt terrible about it. "I've ruined two of your days, it's only fair". He chuckled and took your hand in his to put the ring on your finger.

"It's gorgeous". You muttered in awe, moving your hand a bit back and forth to see the diamond shiny in the lights.

"Just like you, baby girl". Max mumbled in your hair and pressed a few kisses to the side of your head. "I love you so much". You whispered against his lips as you went to kiss him again.

"You sure?". He asked and poked your teasingly in your sides. You started to laugh and swatted his chest. "Pretty sure".

"Good, I love you too".