Until We Meet Again - {Mitch Evans}

A/N: For SevenColoredRainbow 😊❤️

A little girl, the wide and open world started for a little girl like you with high school. 13 years old, first grade. You didn't have any friends here and that's what made you insecure. All alone and no one to guide you. You strolled through the halls, no idea where to go.

Mitch walked around the corner, a year older than you were. He was talking to one of his friends, but stopped when he saw you, mesmerized by the way your hair fell over your shoulder. He told his friend he'd catch up with him later, strolling over to you. "You look kinda lost". Mitch started, causing you to look up at the taller boy in front of you. A blush creeped upon your cheeks and you looked down at your shoes.

"I kinda am". You admitted, not really knowing if this boy would be one of the bullies or be helpful and guide you towards the class you had to be in. "Where are you heading too?". Mitch politely asked. "Biology". You softly answered and he smiled. "Come". His hand reached out for yours, causing you to look a bit skeptical at him. He grabbed onto your hand, guiding you to the classroom and explaining for you that you were new here.

Since then, you and Mitch became friends, always around each other and making home work after school together. In the weekends you went to the forest on your bikes or being brought to the cinema by one of your parents. You started to catch feelings for Mitch, but you didn't even know what falling in love was. Others on school teased you both with it, however you didn't really care. Mitch probably saw you as a very good friend.

Mitch had the same problem. He was too nervous to ask you as his girlfriend and besides he was only 14 years old. Karting on the race track in his home town was sometimes way more interesting, but he always tried to do his best a little extra when you were there to watch and cheer for him. You always cycled home together, he had to do an extra mile by bringing you home, but he didn't really care. You waved at him as you got onto your front porch and ran up the stairs to get inside.

As a 13 year old who was for her feeling just settled here, having good grades and a friend, the news that you had to move, was earth shattering. "Why are we leaving?". You asked, confused with the news your mother told you. "Your dad got an amazing job in England, sweetie, we have to leave so he can work there". She explained softly, kneeling down at you as the tears sprung in your eyes.

"But I can't leave Mitch behind". You started to sob. "He'll understand". Your mother hesitantly answered.

Both Mitch didn't understand. Mitch was crying just as hard as you were and just hugged you till it was time for you to go. In that time, sell phones and other devices like that, weren't there yet so staying in contact was with a card or a letter. But that card would take weeks to get from New Zealand to London, the United Kingdom.

Of course as a kid it was easy to get settled in London and you grew up there, having enough friends and not thinking about Mitch again soon enough. Mitch had the same, a year later with new friends things were alright. He was a popular kid, good grades, good in driving fast cars and eventually finding his place in the higher karting classes to fight for the world championship.

You studied further, getting a job at one of the successful company's in London, it payed good, an apartment for yourself. 23 and all settled. You couldn't wish for something better.

Mitch had a successful career in the GP2 series and shifted halfway the season to the Formula Electronic series, having the good coaching of Mark Webber.

His teammate at Panasonic Jaguar Racing was getting married and he was invited to the party after the wedding tonight. The rest of the team was invited too and the colleagues of his wife Linda. Mitch looked forward to it as he hasn't been out in quite a while, let's say he could use a drink. Or two. You were invited by Linda as she was getting married with her fiancé Adam. You adored the couple as their relationship was so strong. He was away often for his busy career, a racing driver as you understood from her and she still had her work here in London.

You were getting ready for the after party, Linda had told you it wasn't formal at all and you could wear whatever you wanted to wear. You still wanted to feel pretty and you got a black evening dress, a high cut on the right side to reveal a part of your leg and you got a pair of heels under it that made you feel like the whole world was at your feet. You were getting a taxi toward the bar which's address was on the card Linda had handed you.

You got in and steadied yourself in your shoes, opening the door and showing the invitation you were allowed to come in. You saw Linda first, not wearing her wedding dress anymore, but still a gorgeous dress. She squealed and hugged you when she saw you. "My husband is away at the moment, oh wait he's over there talking to his teammate".

Mitch had looked up when you came in, not recognizing you but he was stunned by your beauty. Adam and he looked up when they heard his wife calling for him.

"Adam, this is Y/N, one of my colleagues and best friends". You smiled at Linda's husband, shaking his hand. "You're lucky with Linda over here for sure, Adam". You complimented him with a small blush on your face. "That's what I think too, every day". Adam smiled, quickly getting out of the lovey dovey bubble too and eyeing the man next to him. Your eyes fell on the fall, bronzed young man, your breath hitching in your throat at seeing him.

He looked so familiar, the sculpted jawline, the amber eyes, the hair. "Mitch". You softly said. No matter how soft you spoke, he had heard you. Mitch's heartbeat quickened, eyes scanning your face and his mind went back to the moment he first saw you, 10 years ago in the hallway on school. "Y/N". He blinked. "I can't believe... I-I". You stammered, stepping closer to him.

Adam and Linda weren't sure what to do but just let you two for a moment. "So many miles apart". He muttered. "And we found each other again". Mitch had always been in love with you and the feelings easily came back, this right here, this was faith. Faith deciding you had to meet again and that's exactly what happened. You were hesitating to touch him, now such a grown man, tall, muscled and handsome. He probably had a girlfriend himself.

However Mitch surprised you by wrapping you up in a hug. You leaned your head on his chest, feeling his firm body against yours. He slightly let go, yet still having a hand in your lower back. "You got so beautiful". Mitch mumbled, studying your face. The sudden change in his eyes made you nervous as he took a step back. You nibbled on your lower lip, but just like ten years ago, he reached for your hand.

"Come". It's like the flashback was played all over again, his fingers lacing through yours and pulling you with him to a more calm space.

"It's weird how...". You started, cheeks flushing red as he pulled you against his chest by the small of your back. "How you realize you loved someone when they're gone and then you see them again". You softly finished, looking up at him. Mitch knew what you meant, but he felt like nothing has changed, just you two growing up and that's it.

"I'm just going to be cliche and kiss you, like we were practically high school sweat hearts and...". You cut his rambling off by pulling him down on the collar of his suit, smashing your lips together. Mitch felt like he was 14 all over again, so comfortable with you, but also nervous as he was afraid to do something wrong. You pulled away with a smile, however he ducked down again, enjoying the taste of your lips against his.

"Are you going to promise me you're not leaving this time?". Mitch leaned his forehead against yours. "Okay". You giggled and let him entwine your fingers.

Guess faith really wanted you two together.