Hate Is A Strong Word - {Daniel Ricciardo}

A/N: For LisaStarWars, hope you like it darling! Looooved the plot btw :)

Hate is a strong word. But you were pretty sure the tension between you and the Red Bull driver was called hate.

Daniel and you never liked each other. Working as a PR lady for his team mate Max didn't make your relationship any better. You could feel his eyes on you when you walked by and he had that shit eating grin on his face every damn time.

"See something interesting, Ricciardo?". You would snap at him and he had a clever remark ready to shoot back at you.

It always went like that. Christian was even careful to not put you next to each other or on the opposite of each other in the room where you had a briefing before every race. Daniel seemed to pick on the things that got you raging in no time.

He enjoyed the way you would yell something at him, your much smaller figure not making much impression on him. Some of the things you said did impress him, some even hurt him but he won't ever show that to you.

You walked into the motorhome with a vest tied around your waist. Even hearing his laughter coming from the room where the briefing would start in five minutes got your shivering with annoyance.

You stepped in and greeted a couple team members. They were gathered in the hall and all waiting for Christian and the last members of the team. You smiled and waved at Max, standing next to him. "Hey grumpy". Daniel chirped.

"Fuck off". You hissed, not even daring to look around as you knew you would want to smash that annoying smirk into a thousand pieces.

"Got your thong in a twist or something?". Daniel scoffed.

"I don't have a flip flop between my ass, Dan". You replied as you remembered the Australian slang, causing Max to burst into laughter. You couldn't help it but giggle as well, quite proud on the clever reply you shot him back. Daniel gritted something through his teeth and didn't say anything anymore.

Christian summarized the qualification rounds of today, tomorrow would be race day and you looked forward to it, although your mood immediately changed at the thought of the team dinner tonight. Ugh another night with that stupid...

"Come, Y/N". Max interrupted your thoughts as he pulled on your shoulder so you'd come along with the group towards the mini-vans that would take the team back to the hotel. Daniel and you ignored each other now completely and everybody could feel the tension.

Max even got nervous by the glares Daniel shot you as you weren't looking.

At the hotel you took a shower to get rid of your sweaty body and after you dried yourself with that super soft towel of the hotel, you pulled a dress over your head. It was probably the most beautiful dress you ever brought with you to team dinners and you nodded at your figure in the piece of clothing.

You hesitated a little as your front revealed more skin than you thought it would, but you felt pretty and decided you didn't care what everybody else would think

You hesitated a little as your front revealed more skin than you thought it would, but you felt pretty and decided you didn't care what everybody else would think. Actually you would care a little what Daniel would think... No you wouldn't because he doesn't care about you either.

You sighed and got your beauty blender to dab a small amount of foundation over your face. You made sure there weren't any harsh foundation edges at your neck and jawline, evening it out so you could barely see the make-up.

You contoured your cheekbones slightly, muttering a "Girl, you slayyyyy af" to yourself as you looked at your highlighter in the mirror.

Your lashes were coated with a small layer of mascara and to finish everything, you sprayed your perfume on your neck. The matte heels on your feet clicked against the floor of the hall as you walked through it to get to the elevator.

You held the door for Max who was dressed up nicely as well. "Evening, Y/N. You look beautiful". Max smiled as he eyed your dress, he didn't see you very often without a Red Bull Racing uniform after all.

"Thanks". You smiled and complimented him on his outfit as well.

The elevator brought you to the floor where the dinner room was and everybody was gathered. "Oh my goodness". Simon sighed as he saw you coming towards the group of Red Bull members. "You look drop dead gorgeous". Daniel's engineer said, leaning down to kiss your cheek.

You giggled and grabbed a hold of his arm so you could rest against him. "Thanks, Si". You said, looking at the group to see who was here already.

Daniel swallowed heavily when he saw you and for a moment all the feelings of annoyance, anger and hate were gone, because he found you absolutely stunning. The low v neck of the dress distraction him from his former thoughts of you.

And he couldn't get his eyes off you the whole night. Daniel watched you as you were telling bad jokes to the mechanics Rocky and Brand, laughing loudly as they joked back in return. He watched you as you ate the fries out of the little bowl, not afraid to use your fingers.

Daniel couldn't get enough of the way your eyes twinkled as somebody said something that you found funny. For the first time, he couldn't get enough of you.

You walked in between Stuart and Max as you went back to your own room. You had your arms hooked in theirs and you laughed as they swayed side to side. Daniel walked behind you and he felt the weird feeling of an ache in his chest as Max touched your lower back.

Wait... He was not jealous or something haha noooo no. Not jealous.

The Australian gritted through his teeth and wanted Max to keep his hands of you. He surprised himself with the new feeling. Max finally went into his room and Daniel quickly walked up to you before you could unlock your door

"Y/N, wait, please". He said and you looked up.

"What?". You said, not really understanding what he would want.

"I just wanted to ehm ask if we could.... If we could maybe start over?". Daniel asked, rubbing the back of his neck and nibbling on his lower lip. You looked at him for a few seconds to let it sink it what he just asked you.

"Is this a joke? Because I don't find it anywhere near funny". You said, leaning on the doorknob. Daniel's eyes slightly widened.

"No it's not". He said hesitantly.

You looked up at the handsome Australian. You sighed and didn't really know what to say. A couple hours ago he did everything to get you mad and now he was asking for a new start.

"Why would you want to start over? You're annoying me I'm annoying you". He opened his mouth to say something, but you cut him off. "It's going like that for a couple months and...".

Daniel stopped your rant by pressing his lips to yours. Your back softly hit the door behind you and you whimpered. You kissed him back with force, grabbing the collar of his blouse to pull him even closer.

His hands wandered down your sides to your lower back, pushing you flush against him. The scruff on Daniel's cheeks and chin slightly tickled you and you placed your hands over it. You could finally breath as his lips ducked down to the exposed skin of your neck.

The feminine scent of your perfume got him dizzy and his nose ran down your throat. He looked up at you as you let out another whine. The pupils of his brown eyes were blown wide.

"D-do you want to come in?". You stammered, a bit breathless by the sudden kiss.

"I'd love to". Daniel grinned.