118. Guns

Chibs followed after her outside.

"This isn't your place or your say!" Chibs shouts to her, she stopped in her tracks.

"Last time I checked, I wasn't just any other old lady. I worked here, I knew the clubs shit before I even loved you" she replied after she turned around.

"You're wrong. You're still an old lady. What I do, doesn't concern you. What I did to Juice, was club business" he tried to make a point but knew he couldn't.

"Don't come home tonight, Chibs. I thought the engagement might change things but it clearly hasn't" she sighed sadly, walking to the car with Juniper.

Chibs watched defeatedly, his face stinging from where she punched him. Her engagement ring had left a particularly deep cut he could feel. He ran after her to the car, standing in front of the drivers door.

Brea walked around the car to see him there. She sighed.

"Filip, I don't have time for this right now"

She had cooled down, he could tell by the way she called him by his name.

"I'm sorry-"

"Filip"

"Just listen. I'm coming to terms with it all, Juice being here through all the shady shite he's done. This torture porn thing with Lyla. It's just a lot, it's been a lot today and I took it out on you. I didn't know about Juice being a godfather and if I did, maybe something would've been different but I can promise you that I'm sorry, baby girl. I love ya" he smiled quickly before dropping his face to walk away, not wanting to push her too far.

"Come home tonight," she said, holding onto him by his fingertips "please"

He turned to her and nodded softly. No words were needed at this point for them. She got back in the car and onto the road home, Chibs following behind her.

*****

In the morning news was all over Charming, a shooting at a catholic school. It was in papers, tv and radio. Lauren was growing weary, she held Jameson and Leland in her arms and hoped all the best for them. She never wants them to be on either end of the gun. To never live in fear for their life, it made her sick. Four were dead, nine injured and two in critical condition. The shooter was eleven years old.

"Tig!" Lauren shouted.

"Yeah, babe" he replied as he walked in the living room.

"Promise me Jameson and Leland won't ever do that, ever hurt anyone that doesn't deserve it" she pleaded, her eyes glassy.

"Sons don't do that," Tig said, recognizing his mistake with Popes daughter "not on purpose"

"And they'll be good men, raised with good parents so nothing can go wrong. We just, we can't let them down" Lauren smiled looking down at Jameson who gave her a smile, she then smiled down at Leland.

"There's no way we can let those boys down, we love them too damn much" Tig put a hand on Lauren's shoulder and kissed her head.

Chibs and Brea were watching the same news in the kitchen. Juniper was eating breakfast in her high chair, Brea watching the tv while she leaned against the counter. Chibs didn't like her watching it, he knew it made her stress. He walked in the kitchen and turned the tv off, she snapped out of her trance.

"What the fuck?" She asked angrily, pushing herself off the counter.

"Calm down, love, aye?" He said as he walked towards her, placing a hand on each side of her face "I just don't want that shite gettin in ya head, make ya stressed"

"Are your guns locked up? Far from Juniper?" She asked.

He pulled back, scrunching his brows "always have been, it's already in your head, see. Take a deep breath mo ghra" he pressed their foreheads together and Brea closed her eyes, letting out a sigh.

*****

Tig and Chibs left their houses for the day, taking care of their end with the situation. Dealing with guns and if they're distributing or not, getting any rats off the streets. It was nothing either of them dragged Lauren or Brea into for obvious reasons. The only one up there was Gemma and she was there for Nero and his crew. Nothing pertained to the two girls at home and they didn't need to be stressed at all. They were gone all day, having to clean up and then having a long, mind clearing ride back home.

Lauren was sitting on the sofa, awaiting Tigs arrival with the baby monitor in her hand. She turned off the tv for her own sake. When Tig walked in the door, he was surprised she was up waiting for him.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked with a sigh, taking off his boots.

"Yeah, just waiting for you. Just, it's been a long day of bad news" she replied with a shrug.

"Yeah. I get it. Been a long day on my end too"

"We're quite the power couple aren't we ?" She joked.

"Think we can sneak in a shower before Jameson and Leland wake up? Unwind a little" he winked.

"It's worth a shot" Lauren laughed and ran to the bathroom ahead of him, Tig chasing after her shortly.

Brea had been in bed when Chibs came home, the tv was off and she was just laying in bed worried. Thinking things over two, three, four times. She had gone around the house putting guns in safes, high spaces, hidden spots, just away. She couldn't see anything bad happen, she couldn't deal with it. Chibs was surprised to see the tv was off in their room when he walked in. Her back was to him so he got ready for bed himself after a tiring day. He crawled in and held her to him.

"Are we gonna be okay?" Brea asked him with a sniffle.

"Yes, we are," he kissed the back of her neck "Just think that Juniper could be the flower girl at our wedding. That everyone will be there, happy. Or think smaller, like us together in bed right here, right now. Everything is okay and will be, I promise"