Pretense & Preparation

"A party." You repeat Junseo's words in monotone.

  "Look, Black Dove, it's not a rave or something illegal where the police can be involved and it's not some kind of drug-"

  You cut your oppa off. "But it's a party."

  Now, you aren't antisocial or anything but you find parties stressful instead of enjoyable. They are a waste of time, money and effort to be quite honest.

  Plus, you are never invited to any except for Jae Hwa's past birthday parties.

  Junseo sighs and turns his eyes to the ceiling. "This Thursday, you will infiltrate a business meet at-"

  "I can't," you interrupt again, "I am going to this party with Jae Hwa on Thursday. It means a lot to her and that's why I'm going."

  Your brother rolls his eyes. "Your now a part of the Elixis, which will always be first above everything. Remember, the greater good is the path to follow."

  "Fine! But you can explain to Jae. Deal?" You give in.

  "Deal. Alright, seventeen business men will be meeting at Song Enterprises this Thursday to discuss a deal being made with a famous businessman, David Burke. Coincidentally, David is a major supplier of arms to another rival gang of ours in Japan. We believe that most of the men meeting are undercover for David and are planning to assassinate the other people there if something goes wrong."

  "Deception." You breathe in wonder at the thin yet many layers of the gang world. Then it hits you. "Oppa! Song Enterprises is where I was going with Jae Jae!"

  You fill your brother in on all she told you and his emotions shift from suspicion to confidence.

  "This is perfect. You can go with Jae as cover. I was planning on going with you but I'll stay around in the area now." Your brother nods in satisfaction as his plan spreads out.

  "So here's why you're going and the plan." He continues.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
   "Sunny, get your butt in my room now." Jae Hwa yells when you ring the bell and open the door two days after your visit to the HQ.

  "Hello to you, too." You mutter. Then realization strikes you. "Jae Jae! I forgot to get a dress!"

  Trust you to bring everything, heck you even brought dental floss- because you never know- but not the important items.

  You hear a strangled scream as Jae Hwa emerges from her mother's library wearing a new, black tank top and old, worn denim shorts. You took this as your cue to leave.

  Just as you turn around, Jae grabs you and roughly drags you upstairs where you are thrown on the bed, your bulging purse's contents strewn everywhere.

  "For real? Are you for real!" Jae screams in frustration as she stares at the clock. "The party starts at 7:00 and it's 3:00! Follow me, we are getting you a dress if it kills me!" She pulls you towards her huge closet as you groan.

  Your best friend takes out a dress and hands it to you, ushering you to change into it.

  You walk out from behind the screen in the corner of the room wearing a floor length, crimson dress with a slit on the side that showed a generous amount of your left leg up to half way of your thigh. It has a deep v-neck and a lace bodice patterned with intricate roses. The sleeves are velvety soft and hang off your arms. The dress hugs your figure tightly yet flows elegantly.

  "It's gorgeous on you." Jae Hwa breathes in wonder. "But definitely not for today."

  You nod in agreement subconsciously, still admiring the feel of it against your skin. It felt like rose petals were gently kissing you, fluttering around your body in a soothing softness. "Yeah, a bit revealing and clingy for a formal party." You mumble.