I teach griffon and bird biology not even griffons really know about

Question (by JacobNicholasSkoczen): Gallus, why do you look like a wonderbolt?

*grumbles, and says in a lower tone as he looks down* Of course I had to get to THIS question when I haven't been in a good mood. *raises his head, and uses his regular tone of voice* Well, this question really has two answers to it, and both are pretty obvious...But even griffons seem to question why am I so brightly colored... *sounds more upset* And by question, I mean that they insult me and treat me like...like a defected reject because of it... *looks down again as he's very upset all of a sudden, but then he shakes his head* Let's just get this over with...

First off, I guess I should address why exactly do I have bright blue feathers. Yeaaaah, why am I, a griffon, NOT colored like a regular griffon? Why oh why, am I as bright colored as...a pony? *groans a bit angrily* Yeah, I'm going there, it's what all of you are thinking. Here's the answer: there are, in fact, more colors for birds in nature than just black, brown, gray, and white.

Yeah, go ahead, take your time to gasp in total shock...Okay, sarcasm aside, shouldn't you ALL know this? If birds can come in all sorts of colors, so can griffons! Yes, it's much more common for griffons to not be colorful, which is a result of our large cat side, usually the lion side of us griffons, not being colorful. And it's much more common for griffons to have their bird sides be of birds with muted colors, like vultures, eagles, falcons, and owls. 

But there ARE birds that look like THIS

And there ARE griffons that can be a mix of colorful birds like these

And there ARE griffons that can be a mix of colorful birds like these....They just happen to be rare....Very rare, especially nowadays. *huffs* And THAT'S why even GRIFFONS don't believe that it's "normal" or "acceptable" for me--and for other griffons--to have the colors that I do. But I am not a defect! ...I-I don't remember how my parents really look like, since I...lost them, too long ago, but I can tell you that at least one of them had my colors. 

As for why I look like a wonderbolt...well, it's just a coincidence, obviously. I may not remember much of my parents, but I'm pretty sure they didn't organize their genetic material specifically so that I look like a wonderbolt. Most griffons don't even KNOW about the wonderbolts, unless if they're athletes and/or have gotten out of Griffonstone. I first found out about the wonderbolts by some little colt CONFUSING me for a wonderbolt. And then getting a proper wonderbolts class by Professor Egghead

...I said in a chapter before that I HAVE considered becoming a wonderbolt. I'll definitely not be the first non-pegasus wonderbolt. I'm not taking that dream from Silverstream. But if I ever DO become one, these colors of mine would be very prophetic, that's for sure. That's gotta be a good enough answer for you

....Before you all go away, let me just say this. If there's anything I want you to learn from this chapter, it's how much it sucks that us griffons need to have expectations to be considered good griffons, and overall good creatures. Here's something I want all of you to do; if you see a creature, especially a griffon, that doesn't fit your idea of what that creature is supposed to look or be like, keep your criticism to yourself....*groans* You don't know how much it sucks to be told that you...look wrong...or are wrong because of how you were BORN.... *lowers his head as his ear tufts flop back*

----------------------------

🚫 *** - DON'T send asks or dares. They are CLOSED. I have too many to do! - *** 🚫