Almost never forgive, and never forget

Question (by TorchTorque): I can't help but ask... Gallus, why don't you like forgiving others?

Well, before I answer, I should subvert your expectations first. No, the fact that I don't like to forgive others has nothing to do with a specific thing that's happened in my past. I've been forced to talk about every damn trauma I have in this dumb, weird book, and there really is nothing left for me to tell you. Sure, one of the things that's happened in my past has influenced me to not forgive easily, but it's something that I've talked about on here more than once. 

I don't like to forgive others because of my own principles, which might be hard for any pony brains to understand. Ponies forgive and forget so easily, it skeeves me out sometimes. Griffons do the opposite. They never forgive, they never forget, and whatever you do, they will use against you. Use to justify why they treat you badly. Even if they treat everygriff else in the same way, just a little less angry.

I've been told I'm more empathetic than the average griffon--Well, I've been told I'm kinder than the average griffon, but eh, same thing--so I don't never forgive...I just never forget! But I can be swayed to forgive sometimes. It's just not gonna be easy.

I mean, come on, when do I ever make things easy? 

I make things hard for everycreature that knows me! If you're a friend of mine, you certainly aren't my friend because I liked you instantly

I make things hard for everycreature that knows me! If you're a friend of mine, you certainly aren't my friend because I liked you instantly....unless if you're really good at kissing up to me and boost up my ego enough for me to instantly consider you a friend. Even then, these last type of friends can't expect me to hang out with them the same way I hang out with my best friends, who needed a good while to win me over. You can assume that it's because I have trust issues, and you'd be right...but I'll add that I love to play hard to get, it's too fun~!

But yeah, it's gonna take me a while for me to think I should forgive somecreature who's really wronged me, or really wronged my friends. Creatures that have ruined my day or my week in whatever way, and creatures that have been cruel to my friends and ruined THEIR days. After all, how can I really know that this creature isn't just apologizing because their conscience is bugging them in the moment? How will I know they won't do it again?

Grampa Gruff is the only creature I've been forced to say 'I forgive you' to without meaning it. That was because I was living under his roof. I do not want to do that again. (Yeah, HERE'S the call-back to a trauma of my past. Enjoy, you angst-loving sadists. Ugh.)

If you do something terrible to me and my friends, I'm gonna be cynical and think that you're a terrible creature. That even if you try to hide it, you're trying to put on a mask. You want me to say 'I forgive you' so you have permission to do what you did to me again. And I'm gonna keep thinking that, unless if you convince me that you're actually a good creature that was just a jerk in the moment. If you convince me that you DO respect me, that you respect my friends, and that you really are sorry for the time you were awful, I'll let go of my grudge....But aside from everything I've said, another big reason I don't like to forget is that I almost never let go off my grudges. Because the typical assholes that ruin my day, week, month, even my year or years, they don't deserve it at all. I'd rather die angry than forgive so many creatures I've met. 

That should be enough to answer your question. If you need me...well, don't need me, because I don't like helping just anyone. And now, I've got some more working out to do. *smirks slightly* I gotta keep my great muscles, after all~

----------------------------

🚫 *** - DON'T send asks or dares. They are CLOSED. I have too many to do! - *** 🚫