We don't get these often, but here's a hard question

Question (by fnafdemon): To everyone: Would you rather be best friends with your worst enemies or be worst enemies with your best friends?

Ocellus: Oh, well, thank you for the thought-provoking question! I was hoping for challenging questions when my friends and I came to participate in this book. *gives a small smile*

Smolder: I wouldn't jinx it if I were you, Cell. 

*Gallus is very deep in thought, unsure on how to answer* Uuuhhhh....

Ocellus: *mumbles the question to herself again, thinking of how to answer* So, um, who wants to answer first? I-I think I have my answer, but I don't want to go before any of you if you want to go first. 

Sandbar: You go ahead, Ocellus! I'll answer after you. 

Yona: First answer must come first!

Smolder: Yeah, Ocellus. You're way too considerate. 

Ocellus: Hehe, okay, I just wanted to be sure...and I'm sure that Gallus is not ready to answer yet. 

*still very deep in thought, mumbling to himself 'Hmmms' and 'Uuuuhhs'*

Ocellus: *breathes in and out* Okay, so...as a changeling, you all know I'm able to sense the emotions of others. It's an ability changelings naturally have because, um, it'd help us to track love when we needed to...feed from it. W-What I'm saying is, it's a hard choice for me. If my worst enemies are my friends, and they don't really care about me, I can feel their hypocrisy...And if my friends grow to...hate me, I can feel their love for me dying, too...But I think any of you hating me would hurt a lot more. Especially since my worst enemies may actually grow to care for me. Creatures can change, after all. So I prefer to befriend my worst enemies.

Sandbar: Yeah, I feel your vibe here, Cell! I don't want any of you to hate me either, and also, us ponies like to believe in the best in others. We like to believe that creatures can change for the better most of the time. So if my worst enemies can change their ways, I wouldn't mind having them as friends! Even if they haven't fully changed, I'd hope that my friendship inspires them to. Just like how our professors would inspire so many ponies with their friendship. *dreamy look*

Yona: Yona never ever want friends to be enemies! Ever! Yona befriend worst enemies instead, anyday!

Smolder: I'm with you all, I'll take befriending my worst enemies. And not just because I don't want you all hating me. If there's anything being a dragon taught me, is how to be intimidating. If I have to befriend my worst enemies, I'll make sure they don't back stab me!

*They all look at Gallus, who hasn't answered yet and is STILL deep in thought*

Smolder: Gallus? Equestria to Gallus? You're not the type to use your brain THIS much! 

Sandbar: I think the question broke him. *chuckles*

Oh, shut up. It's a hard question, okay! *rubs his forehead* It's giving me a headache!

Yona: Griffon should agree with friends and not want us as enemies!

It's not THAT, Yona....I know you guys think differently, but I never like forgiving others. I can count the creatures on my claw who I've genuinely forgiven, without counting you guys.  

Smolder: Hey, I'm not a fan of forgiveness either. Dragons prefer having enemies than friends. But having your worst enemies as friends is not THAT bad if you know how to stand up to them. 

It's still awful to me! Befriending my worst enemies would give them full permission to do whatever horrible shit they've done to me again. That's WHY I don't even like forgiveness in general. I feel like forgiveness is another way of saying that I'm over what happened, that I'll forget whatever happened, that I care more about the feelings of who hurt me more than my own. I don't agree with any of that! 

Smolder: Eh, I'll admit, you have a point there. 

Sandbar: A very pessimistic point, really. But, you know, however we feel about forgiveness aside, I'm pretty sure that you don't want US to hate you. And especially not Silverstream. 

*gives an annoyed sigh* No, of course not. That'd be the bottom of the barrel to my life, that's already sucked....Ugh, you're all right. It'd be better to have my worst enemies be my...best friends. *gags* Which I'm only choosing because of our friendship, by the way!

Sandbar: *chuckles with a sweet and playful look* I knew you love us too much to NOT agree~

Yona: *grinning lovingly* Yona and friends friendship BEST! Yona want group hug, Yona want group hug!

Sandbar: One group hug coming right up~!

*They all share a happy hug...until Gallus says* Are we really gonna end the chapter on a hug? 

Yona: Yona like that idea~!

Sandbar: We all do~!

*rolls his eyes playfully* This is SO sappy. 

Smolder: Hah! Yeah, let's hope the next chapter doesn't end with sappiness...*keeps hugging her friends, with a bit of a sheepish look*